Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Guitar Inc. Builds Brand New Vintage Guitars

HANGAR18

That's what I've found myself telling people lately when I find myself tryign to introduce someone to the brand.

"Heritage Guitars builds brand new vintage guitars".

That phrase seems to convey a lot in a world of short attention spans. If someone is really interested to know more about what the heck I'm talking about, THEN I can go into the longer explanation of the original Gibson factory and blah blah blah.

It's pretty clear to many of us that people usually learn about Heritage guitars by word of mouth and I like to do my part when I can to let people know about these great instruments. To me, it really is like being able to buy a vintage instrument, made the old school way, which was literally made yesterday, last month or last year as the case may be.

If you are ever inclined to spread the word about Heritage guitars, feel free to use that line if you like.

"Heritage Guitars builds brand new vintage guitars".

Thus concludes my 2000th post.

Guest HRB853370

Yesterday was an awesome day of football, especially with Peyton losing in great style!

I would be more inclined to say Heritage builds them like the vintage guitars of that past. That seems to be a little more accurate. You cannot build a new vintage guitar. Its just not possible unless you can go back in time.

Tomato or Tomato, I like the underlined point of both!!

I don't know how ya'll rack up so many posts? I'm in and out of the HOC from work all day long and I don't even have 500. I see that commenting nice flame, that's a beauty, what's the weight on that, what's the neck like, what pick ups and so on will definitely add up quickly! :icon_joker:

The " When good enough isnt good enough" was an advertising slogan originally used by Epiphone

(then a separate company) back in the 1940's which was the reason why Gibson deleted the "Only

a Gibson is good enough" banner logo from their headstock.

• 2 weeks later...

This should be a full page ad in all the magazines!!

I agree and have been telling folks that for years. Heritage builds brand new vintage guitars could have been a great ad campaign for them.

Here's another slogan they can use:

VOS = Vintage Old School

And the last 2 ads. These ads were created by me. All copy was written by me. The concept is mine. Images were taken from the HOC members with the exception of some guitars.

Mimi Fox was taken from the internet to represent what an artist tie-in might look like.

post-676-0-78901000-1392407160_thumb.jpg

post-676-0-47771400-1392407171_thumb.jpg

These ads were done in 2009. I got no response from Heritage so I believe they don't want to pursue this style of advertising. Just posting here for the members enjoyment.

I will post 6 ads but I can only post 2 at a time. 6 more ads to follow.

Nicely done!

Do you have a background in advertising?

Thanks for the kind words. I do have a background in advertising - 40 years. I have worked on McDonalds, Kelloggs (all of their package design for 10 years), Samsung (all of their international and domestic advertising for 8 years), Philip Morris (Marlboro, Virginia Slims, Accord, Chesterfield, Merit etc...), Blackberry, Allstate, AstraZeneca, Beef Council, Spiegel, Hallmark, Altoids, KraftMaid, Nintendo, General Motors, Procter & Gamble, Symantec, United Airlines, Ballys Health Clubs, Coca-Cola, Comcast, Dean Foods and this is just a partial list.

Archived