Heritage Owners Club

Hertiage 150 build- should I specify finish for back and sides, or leave it up to them?

augfive

I don't think I've seen a vintage wineburst with a natural back. Usually the back and sides would be the same as the outer rim of the top. Are you thinking of having the back and sides natural ?

I want the samke finish on back and sides-- Ive seen some that were not that way, so wasnt sure if there is an upcharge or not-- Ill call and make sure

I've never seen a Heritage with sides and back that are different color. You should ask about options and decide what you think is best.

I've never seen a Heritage with sides and back that are different color. You should ask about options and decide what you think is best.

I saw a heritage 150 on here..trans black ,with natural sides and back-- looked pretty cool. but dont think VWB would look as good that way

I saw a heritage 150 on here..trans black ,with natural sides and back-- looked pretty cool. but dont think VWB would look as good that way

Ah! Yes, the back and sides are seldom the same color as the front. Mahogany has many natural colors. Another factor in the color is the filler used (mahogany is rather porous). If you have a preference, ask about it. I'd bet there is a standard color used with a VWB front but they are a "custom" shop.

I've seen a few 150's with a different colour top from the back and sides. Usually black or trans black.

Vintage burst 150's are very often red, but sometimes natural. My own VSB 150 has a natural back and neck.

gallery_328_8_50088.jpg

Archived