Heritage Owners Club

Roland Jazz Chorus 120

Can somebody confirm that the real JC120 sounds similar to the JC channel of the cube80? I generally think that thing sounds pretty good, especially for the money.

I owned a JC120 and a/b'd them. With similar settings, there wasn't an appreciable difference. The Cube had to have a bit more on the volume to match level but the tones were very, very similar. I kept the Cube. Sold the 120.

Can somebody confirm that the real JC120 sounds similar to the JC channel of the cube80? I generally think that thing sounds pretty good, especially for the money.

I owned a JC120 and a/b'd them. With similar settings, there wasn't an appreciable difference. The Cube had to have a bit more on the volume to match level but the tones were very, very similar. I kept the Cube. Sold the 120.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the great clean amps of all time. Truly great jazz sound. It rates right there with Blackface Twin Reverb. Congratulations.

Although they are nice amps, I think that's going a little far:) Blackface Twins are incredible! Loud, but tone for days.

Although they are nice amps, I think that's going a little far:) Blackface Twins are incredible! Loud, but tone for days.

+1 on the BF Twin Reverb. My favorite clean amp of them all.

Jazz Chorus is definitely in the next tier of outstanding clean amps, but is anything in the same league with the BF TR?

Jazz Chorus is definitely in the next tier of outstanding clean amps, but is anything in the same league with the BF TR?

Yes my Victoria Regal is a thing of beauty, check out the reverb on this track, I'm in love....

http://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/ive-got-this-feeling

Twins are decent amps for sure and they get plenty of forum love....but I don't care for them so in my book the JC wins after one chord.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Twins are decent amps for sure and they get plenty of forum love....but I don't care for them so in my book the JC wins after one chord. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Well, there you have it. Different to different ears.

I love the JC as well (as you can see from my earlier post} but just to my ear, the TR is it. Plenty of love for the JC as well. As I said above, JC one of the great clean amps of all time.

Heritage Liberty is on my list too, especially at lower to mid volume. I've never played a better sounding amp than the Liberty head through a 2x12.

Well, there you have it. Different to different ears.

I love the JC as well (as you can see from my earlier post} but just to my ear, the TR is it. Plenty of love for the JC as well. As I said above, JC one of the great clean amps of all time.

Heritage Liberty is on my list too, especially at lower to mid volume. I've never played a better sounding amp than the Liberty head through a 2x12.

...and that was kind of my point. I wasn't knocking the Fender amps or anything. It just has to work for the person listening to it.

No doubt there are many great clean amps that we could compare with the Roland JC120.

The mere fact that we are comparing this SOLID STATE amp to some fantastic TUBE amps speaks volumes about the high regard many have for the original JC.

Archived