Heritage Owners Club

New To Heritage

thorn

Hello there,

I'm new to Heritage. Never played one before. I've been a member @ the HFC for a few years and met BrentRocks there. I've owned plenty of Hamers but never a Heritage. When this site went down some new guys showed up over there and some guys there said they were members here. Since I'm taking a Heritage on a test drive I thought I'd join in the fun.

Here is the guitar I picked up from Brent. I'm thinking I want it to hang around a while.

IMG_7233_zps28269c69.jpg.

My first impression wasn't all that great and I nearly sent it back to Brent after only playing it 10 minutes. But after spending a few hours with her the next night I can't put her down. I'm pretty lazy and like the comfort of a "S" style when I sit back in my office chair and noodle. Needless to say, this guitar isn't as comfy and takes a little more "work" but I'm enjoying her spry personality. I needed a "drop D" guitar with a big neck mainly for playing Tool, Alter Bridge, NIN, etc. I also play some Michael Schenker in drop "D". It takes his music from pop to a dark place. This girl has a very interesting neck and once I got to know the unique shape I was able to comfortably find my way around the fret board. I think it must be because I'm old now but the neck profile has become very important to me. I told Brent that before he sent the guitar. He said he was certain I'd like it. He was right.

That's just a bit of rambling before lunch. It's Wednesday and I have to pick up my parents @ 11 to go to Long Horn. I'll tune in later.

That is a GREAT guitar! Welcome!

agreed. It's also nice to have another headbanger around her too!!! :headbang:

Just a quick heads up though Thorn.....the Heritage crowd is WAY more conservative than you raving madmen over there in Hamerville......so if your here and feel the urge to chat Classic Metal, Herbal Healing or Thumbwar Strategy...be prepared for the crickets.

Fun Fact: If you ever want to get an HOC'ers attention quickly.........simply add "HRW", "Neck Size" or "Tele" to your post. :icon_joker:

Congratulations and welcome. These beauties are real seductresses and lure you in with their sweet sounds.

Hey bud, good to see you over here, welcome.

Hey Pete, I forgot you told me you hung out around here.

Here's another pic from Brent's stash. I love the naked ebony board. Takes me back to my classical days.

IMG_7220_zpsa908363e.jpg

agreed. It's also nice to have another headbanger around her too!!! :headbang:

Just a quick heads up though Thorn.....the Heritage crowd is WAY more conservative than you raving madmen over there in Hamerville......so if your here and feel the urge to chat Classic Metal, Herbal Healing or Thumbwar Strategy...be prepared for the crickets.

Fun Fact: If you ever want to get an HOC'ers attention quickly.........simply add "HRW", "Neck Size" or "Tele" to your post. :icon_joker:

Good to know. So does that mean Ben-Wah balls are a taboo subject as well? :icon_sunny:

Good to know. So does that mean Ben-Wah balls are a taboo subject as well? :icon_sunny:

Oh yeah! Here comes Thorn!

I guess you never expected your Hamers to be gateway guitars to an H addiction.

Welcome aboard.

He came over from the Hamer Fan Club, of which myself and several others here are members.

Hey TS. You here too? :icon_salut:

Edit: I hope I haven't and won't embarrass you. :icon_sunny:

Hey TS. You here too? :icon_salut:

Edit: I hope I haven't and won't embarrass you. :icon_sunny:

Yup. I've been here almost since its inception. Embarrass me? Naw, I've got thick skin!

Archived