Heritage Owners Club

Playing "in your face"

I personally like to use pedals when playing live to keep my volume in check, but I love recording without them.

Bingo, from the Pro!

I was playing in their face last night at a wedding. The first table was less than 5 feet in front of my amp. Probably only 4 feet from me. Definitely, in your face playing!

I always liked a touch of reverb. Had a revalation when I got my first tweed circuit a 5E3 Lil Dawg..no reverb and I didn't miss it. I am somewhat corrupted though, I still ponder getting a Topanga reverb pedal and trying it with the tweed.

Interesting thread...being a jazz player I have always used reverb, but over time less and less. I just bought a Bassman and not missing reverb in the least.

Same goes for pedals as I used to have about 4 in the chain. Tremelo, chorus, compressor and volume but now nothing.

Heritage 530 into a Fender Bassman and my tone is super clean and articulate

Ive played in some halls that made me think about how I might build an anti reverb device.

You couldnt fit enough soft people in these halls to suck up the reverb.

Know what you mean, gets so spacey you cant hear what's going on. I got to see the flipside to that a few weeks ago, played a gig in a hotel conference room the room was so dry I was using delay on top of reverb sometimes, room wasn't full either just lots of carpet and a high ceiling with that noise cancelling tile stuff. Sucked.

I dunno if I'd call that "in your face"...it's more just straight into the amp?

...and if you really want to be a man, use a NMV amp!!

:D

this is "in your face":

Emanuela-Franchini-On-your-Face.jpg

Man, to be slapped in the face with raw meat or a wet noodle.... hope it doesn't leave a mark.....

Archived