Heritage Owners Club

amp shipping carnage

my heart sank when I unpacked this amp from the shipping box...

it had been dropped from such a height that not only did the speaker get yanked out of the baffle board, but the voice coil was pulled right out of the speaker

luckily the box the tubes were in was sturdy, and held the speaker from bouncing around & wrecking anything else once it was loose

IMG_20140531_140548.jpg

IMG_20140531_140508.jpg

IMG_20140531_141810.jpg

good thing it was insured: I will be getting a good solid birch ply baffle made for it and a replacement Weber speaker. kind of a shame this one got wrecked though, I may get it reconed as well if it's possible. sent a note to Weber already

thx guys

yep the claim has already gone through and been approved, they were pretty good about it actually

this is the first problem I have had with Canada Post.

although usually greyhound is my method of choice for heavy stuff like amps etc, as there is less transferring of the package & it's only a foot from the luggage compartment on the bus to the curb :D

Yup, I got a Twin Reverb shipped to me from Texas with both speakers broken from a fall. Got em re-built and the both sound great now. Thanks UPS. They did not pay for damage as I recall.

Yup, I got a Twin Reverb shipped to me from Texas with both speakers broken from a fall. Got em re-built and the both sound great now. Thanks UPS. They did not pay for damage as I recall.

I can't imagine what they would charge for a Twin shipment. I have a great old Silver face black faced twin I wouldn't mind selling but never considered shipping.

Canada Post can break a maple neck holy cow..nothing is safe then.

Good you had insurance Bolero..it will be better then ever..

One thing I will say about UPS: it's much easier to do a claim for "replacement" than for "repairs".

The amount of documentation they want for repairs is insane sometimes. Often easier to just say the speaker and baffle were destroyed, and put them in as a replacement cost.

worst thing they can do is come to "salvage" the speaker and baffle.

thx guys

yep the claim has already gone through and been approved, they were pretty good about it actually

this is the first problem I have had with Canada Post.

although usually greyhound is my method of choice for heavy stuff like amps etc, as there is less transferring of the package & it's only a foot from the luggage compartment on the bus to the curb :D

++

I thought I was the only one here to use Greyhound (for the same reason).

Archived