Heritage Owners Club

Super Eagle Recordings

ingeneri

Hi folks, I finally got around to posting some recordings of me playing my Super Eagle from the guitar bass duo gig I used to have at DC's Black Fox Lounge. These were all done with a Z3 recorder. In a Mellow Tone and Speak Low are through a DRRI, while Misty and Sugar are using a Jazzkat Twinkat amp.

Hope you enjoy: https://soundcloud.com/ingeneri/sets/guitar-bass-duo

I have heard some of your recordings a couple of years ago. Now I'm mad because my work PC uses an outdated version of Internet Explorer for security reasons and I can't hear these new tunes. I have to wait to get home.

I know they will be fabulous though. Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've been appearing regularly at my old haunt at Columbia Station on Sundays, as well as the jam sessions at Dukem and Twins on U Street. The level of musicians I'm playing with is ridiculous, though I'm still trying to get a gig of my own since returning to DC from Malaysia.

Peterbright, Misty is my poor homage to the classic version Barney Kessel recorded with Ray Brown and Shelly Manne for the Poll Winners LP in the 50's. I also like doing it as an uptempo soul jazz swinger, like Richard "Groove" Holmes' on organ, a trick I learned from Jimmy Bruno at Blues Alley.

Archived