Heritage Owners Club

It begins! Gibson GA-20T rebuild

barrymclark

Well... this is still going but some things have changed. I have a big move coming with a lot of moving parts so I have opted to not do the tolex myself. I had to take some things off my plate and this is on a bit of a schedule so I opted to let MojoTone in NC do it.

Amplates is doing my control panel and badge.

...and something very interesting is happening to the guts.

I will release more details as comes along.

MojoTone has got it down, expect a great job!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top...notch...job by MojoTone on wrapping the cab. I ultimately decided on going with Swart type lacquer job with a Mesa style black grillcloth due to the way it had to be wrapped.

...but anyways...cab is wrapped!

6f85dd4e1de0ed80ca80ddbe06b701b6_zpsshgi

fb9c6f6bfb0f012ee49c904a6fe92d5c_zpswgze

41f88114132009c1880c231d54d76d28_zpstwkx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow! That's sweet. One step closer to this beauty coming back to life. Nice choices.

Wow! That's sweet. One step closer to this beauty coming back to life. Nice choices.

Don't get too excited. haha. I am not exactly doing a restoration here. The circuit has been very modified. Hardly a GA-20T Ranger anymore. It's better. :D

Lookin' good so far! What's that little strap thingy on the inside of the cab? Pedal stirrup?

That's it! It is the old stirrup for the trem pedal. It is, however, no longer a trem pedal. The pedal will still be used... but not for that. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived