Heritage Owners Club

So says the blasphemer!

big bob

While the 575 is out of commission, I have been playing the sweet16 in its place. It feels the same and I really like the way it how's when you want it to. It's a big box guitar for when you want one. I have been troubled by the pickup though. It's too,,,,, well,,, jazzy. I'm not a fan of the Jazz pickup in general I find them mushy and dark. I don't play jazz so that's probably why. I play blues, roots, rock, billy, that kind of stuff. So.............. After a little digging around I decided to replace the heritage floater with a lollar gold foil. I'm hoping to coax a little honk and growl out of her.

Should be here soon.

Tone report to follow.

Isn't that why we learned to play guitar? Looking for a cute, blonde Sweet Sixteen...

I am interested in the outcome; won't you keep us abreast?

Is your 16 recent? If you have a "3" I might be interested in taking it off your hands. My 16 has a "1" and when strings are fresh, a clean amp setting sounds just like unplugged, but louder. The "3" is supposed to be more even and reliable. When my strings have been around for a while the wound g disappears.

• 2 weeks later...

Honk and growl sounds good...just try not to cut anything to encourage the fit. I also concur with the planned pick up selection.

Blasphemy! :laughing7: Looking forward to your tone report.

I am with you - I cannot bring myself to do that to guitars that are as they came from Kalamazoo........but I can when it is a pre-goofed up guitar.......I have to admit, the pre-goofed up guitars are always more fun to play ...instead of worshiping the thing.....................................................More Playing/Less Worshiping/More Playing/Less Worshiping x 10 to the 23rd power........................

The install was a little more complicated than I wanted. The gold foil is in my initial impression is that it's a good match. The gold foil has a very wide tonal range, it is brighter than the stock pup for sure. Very much like a microphone. I should get a chance to play her a while tonight, and then band practice on Sunday.

Archived