Heritage Owners Club

NGD....Slaughter H150

brentrocks

This Heritage classic arrived at my door today.

Its a 1991 Mark Slaughter H150 Custom. Most people think of the Slaughter Heritage as that funky shaped model they did during the same era.

This is a STOUT H150 at 10.75 lbs. It has a skinny neck topped with a rosewood fretboard, decorated with MOP blocks!!! A 2 piece back supports a curly maple cap done up in a trans cherry finish. This Heritage sports all of it stock attributes....Schaller roller bridge/tailpiece, Schaller pickups, Grover tuners, Gibson style pickguard.

The Schaller pickups sound good in some guitars, not so good in others.....this is one of the GOOD ones!!! This guitar has a great rock tone! The bridge pickup is very hot and aggressive! The neck pickup is very warm and thick. Reminds me a lot of HRWs.

Its in pretty good shape considering its 14 yrs old. The worst blem is a good sized scratch on the back, through the finish. There are a few scratches not through the finish on the top and one deep ding by the tone knob. The frets are in great shape.

IMG_2556_zpsihd8t1r7.jpg

IMG_2560_zpsjkmgkmqa.jpg

IMG_2563_zpscrwafrs5.jpg

IMG_2566_zpsx0qeiswp.jpg

IMG_2568_zpsf0lwtaib.jpg

IMG_2570_zpsu68ir37l.jpg

IMG_2575_zpsratxbpu8.jpg

IMG_2578_zpsw3frpupa.jpg

I overlooked the ad for this guitar because my brain stopped reading at Mark Slaughter and assumed it was that pointy teardrop looking body style. I'm glad you saw it before I did because I just bought a red guitar and I wouldn't want to wind up in the dog house for buying a second one. hahaha

Very nice! Congrats!!

Very cool 150.... a signature model with trans red and cream. And details like blocks and a stinger.

I love the necks on these old ones.

Your pics bring out that warm vintage look that it has... great grab, Brent.

Archived