Heritage Owners Club

Gitfiddler Finally Struck GOLD!!

Gitfiddler

Tulk, you played that Goldtop at Mojo's Music and didn't take it home??????

All I can say is........THANK YOU FOR NOT BUYING IT!!!!! ;D

And yes, I did mention the HOC to Bob over at Mojo's...over and over and over again.  8)

Bob, if you are reading this thread, you've got a new friend and customer for life.

I played it again last night through my 5 watt Gibson GA5 amp.  Oh MAN, even at bedroom levels, what a tone that combination has!

The next thing is to contact the Pickguard Master, Cryoman.  He's got to customize my Goldtop to look as sweet as Kuz's.  Well, almost as sweet.  Nice set of twins, Kuz!

A full tone report to follow.  But hey, what about all of you OTHER 'H-150 P90' dudes out there?  My latest spending is all your fault!  So share your tone reports too.  Sounds like a new thread in the making. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tulk, you played that Goldtop at Mojo's Music and didn't take it home??????

All I can say is........THANK YOU FOR NOT BUYING IT!!!!! ;D

Yes, I played that very guitar when I was in Mojos in October. I was in there putting a down payment on my Millie. So, all the H's were safe at that time. :angel: Got my 535 from Bob last fall, too. Great dealer. Might just sell all my F Strats and get a Suhr from him, too.

Thank you, Ron. Now, isn't it time for you to start laying those tracks at Muscle Shoals today? Or was that laying on the tracks? 8)

on.  I did get to play the strat Duane played.....

.......just kidding.

I decided to 'dress up' the new H-150 with Pickguard, Switch Ring Washer and Reflector Knobs before taking her out for band rehersal.

Made it sound just a little sweeter! 8)

(Thanks Cryoman and Kuz for the technical advice!)

BEFORE:

width=320 height=480http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3685/heritageh150p909vc4.jpg[/img]

AFTER:

width=600 height=399http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3860/heritageh150gtbodyfriy2.jpg[/img]

How very strange that you would repost in this thread today. I just got off the phone with Bob at Mojos. We even talked about that guitar. He said he left my prints on it for you.  >:D  So ... is the spalted ASAT out, now?  :angel:

How very strange that you would repost in this thread today. I just got off the phone with Bob at Mojos. We even talked about that guitar. He said he left my prints on it for you.  >:D  So ... is the spalted ASAT out, now?  :angel:

Yo, Tulk!  So you put those prints on her?!  :-*  Man, as long as I brought her home from the dance, that's all that matters.  I'm glad you had a chance to check her out.  Yes, I was amazed and almost smitten by that spalted top G&L Bluesboy...and the price was right too.  I just could not justify owning another BB.  I currenly play an Ash semi-hollow one as back up for my Heritages. 

There's nothing quite like a P90 blues machine in the guitar arsenal.  With just the right amount of tube amp overdrive, that is one snotty sounding gitfiddle!

width=320 height=480http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4697/heritageh150gtfrxt6.jpg[/img]

Personally, I prefer the amber knobs. I put the amber one on my GT150 p-90.

Different taste for everyone.

Very good looking guitar, glad the pg fit.

But as you know, that plank is all about TONE (and I was reminded of that today whe I played mine after a short absence)!!! :afro:

width=318 height=480http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff205/jjkuz/_DSC2182web.jpg[/img]

I like the reflective knobs on goldtops.  It brings ties in the chrome hardware with the gold.  I like the Areola on the selector switch too.  Nice touch. 

She wears the reflector knobs, scratch plate and ring washer quite well. Best dressed P90 Goldtop at the dance. Any more mods you thinking about?

Thanks, Spectrum and sorry to have not replied sooner.

No, I do not plan on other mods at this time.  Pots and Caps work just fine and the cosmetic stuff is really just for my own vanity.  Plus she came to me with a couple of little 'beauty marks' from hanging around the store for over a year, so I don't have to be paranoid about that first ding either....which reminds me...Straplocks!! 8) 

It looks just like the first reissue from 68 which if I remember correctly, had the same reflector knobs. Strap locks and a bone nut...done. For some reason once I pick up the P90s, it's the last guitar I play that day.  Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived