Heritage Owners Club

Incoming Millie

mars_hall

Finally joined the club!

2001%20Millie%20Burnt%20Amber.jpg

Very nice. If that PU Switch were in the bass side upper bout it would be my ideal Millie. Perfect color and I love the traps.

I agree on the pickguard. I love Gibsons as well, but have a personal qualm about substituting another maker's parts for the sake of pretence. I have no problem with adding functional hardware when a base hasn't been covered.

Another Millie NFH. Love it. Nice wood on that one, too, Mark. The lack of f-holes really gives it a unique tone. You can feel the wood vibrating, but there's no release for the air. It just sort of builds. Very much like a 150LW, or at least mine feels that way.

Another Millie NFH. Love it. Nice wood on that one, too, Mark. The lack of f-holes really gives it a unique tone. You can feel the wood vibrating, but there's no release for the air. It just sort of builds. Very much like a 150LW, or at least mine feels that way.

I ordered a No F hole Millie DC in honor of your beauty!

Of course it does. The size of the body is much different and larger. The balance is also different as is the presentation of the neck. It be to the left of where I usually reach.

I don't think that's true Mark.

I have a Millie (with f holes) and an H150 (solid body). Either guitar fits in the other's case. I just took some rough measurements of both and they appear to be pretty close, if not the same.

Both necks join at the 17th fret and there doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference in the angle of the neck to the body.

If the H150LW is chambered like the Millie, they have to be pretty much the same. Don't they?

I don't think that's true Mark.

I have a Millie (with f holes) and an H150 (solid body). Either guitar fits in the other's case. I just took some rough measurements of both and they appear to be pretty close, if not the same.

Both necks join at the 17th fret and there doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference in the angle of the neck to the body.

If the H150LW is chambered like the Millie, they have to be pretty much the same. Don't they?

The Millie will have more maple in the body. Unless spec'd differently. That alone will give it a brighter tone.

That has a great look all around. Must sound as well as it looks.

I am pleased with what was there when it arrived. Fired it up on the Egnater Renegade and all comes through very clean, meaning there are no unwanted overtones that come from loose rattles on a guitar. It is very tight and responsive. String, bridge, and tailpiece change come next. I already have a TonePros and need to get a TP-6.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived