Heritage Owners Club

Possible build--would heritage do it?

heritagefan7

Thoughts on whether Heritage would do a custom order for a 157 LW w/ a neck thru design to lose the heel joint? Anybody else ever asked abut this? Access to the dusty end of the FB is the idea...

The sustain on most every heritage I've had has been fine---but neck thru might take good and make it even better.

the 150 & 157 are amazing gits as is---I wonder if the awesome folks in Kzoo would entertain such notions as these????

My 357 has a neck through body and I really can't tell that I get any more sustain from it over my 535. Amplified the 535 beats them all.

The 357 does have a sweet heel joint.

img_2901_std.jpg

Meastro--that was my thought as well...H is such a solid git just like it is. I have gotten so used to playing that style and have adjusted to having to work and bend my hand to get above the 15th/17th fret. but then I got a LP DC standard on a great deal and love the access to the upper frets...Imagine that type of access on a consistent and quality git such as Heritage!

H170%20VWB.jpgH137%20DC%20Cherry.jpgH110%20LW%20VWB.jpg

The H170 would fit the bill as a solid body, as would the H137 DC. You mentioned a 157LW, so in that case, the H110LW would fit that bill, or a Mille DC.

I think it would be hard to do a neck throw with a 157 style anyway. When Marv makes those, the wings are attached afterwards. That might be tough to do with a solid maple carved top. You would have to thin the top enough to make it fit over the lower part.

Thoughts on whether Heritage would do a custom order for a 157 LW w/ a neck thru design to lose the heel joint? Anybody else ever asked abut this? Access to the dusty end of the FB is the idea...

The sustain on most every heritage I've had has been fine---but neck thru might take good and make it even better.

the 150 & 157 are amazing gits as is---I wonder if the awesome folks in Kzoo would entertain such notions as these????

Dreaming is always healthy for the mind and soul!!

I don't think it would even be physically possible. The body has to go through dozens of steps which can't have a neck there to get in the way. The biggest obstacle would be the carving of the Maple top. The body has to fit in a jig and spin around while the carving is taking place. (A thing called a duplicarver or something like that.) Just not physically possible.

Archived