Heritage Owners Club

Incoming NAD (aka rebuilding my credit) - Carvin content

PunkKitty

Several months ago, I was forced into bankruptcy. My lawyer and I were able to work out a deal where I was able to keep my house. I'm now on SSDI due to psych issues. But I collect enough to pay my mortgage, feed myself, and buy and sell guitars a bit. Since I emerged from bankruptcy, I've been paying cash for everything. It helped me become more disciplined. In this case, I was able to secure credit to buy a small Carvin head. So I'm paying a premium for this. But I'm rebuilding my credit so there are costs to that. These were on sale for Christmas. So I decided to get one. I should get this in the next week or so. It's a Carvin VT16. It's the first brand new amp that I've bought in a long time. Unlike guitars, I tend to hold on to my amps forever.

CarvinVT16.jpg

http://www.carvinaudio.com/products/vt16

Sorry to here about the BK and other challenges of life, but great that you are emerging...

As to the amp- Very Nice! I really like those Carvins. Great amps made right here in San Diego. I've been to their shop. Great quality, and super value given how good they are. Just shows that a smaller US shop can maintain quality and still have a solid business plan, executed well and with a specific niche in mind...

Well done!

Wishing you the best, Monica. You've gone through some real life challenges, and seem to be working your way through and out of them. Stay strong!

I've played one of those Vintage 16 amps at their San Diego store a few years ago. Almost bought a tweed head version, but walked out with a nicely broken in floor model Carvin tweed Celestion V30 loaded ext. cab instead. (Next time I'll drop a dime on TSP/Tad for a meet n greet).

V16's are nice sounding and dynamic little amps!! And their variable 'Soak' is a cool feature. You'll dig it for swampy blues, overdrive and back to cleans.

Monica -don't do it. Don't slip into those old habits girl. Pay cash for everything.

And don't kid yourself. You do not need amplifier payments to rebuild your credit. If you keep paying your mortgage down you'll soon have credit enough -especially considering that lenders know you won't be able to pull the bankruptcy lever for another seven years.

What you need is cash in the bank.

Monica -don't do it. Don't slip into those old habits girl. Pay cash for everything.

And don't kid yourself. You do not need amplifier payments to rebuild your credit. If you keep paying your mortgage down you'll soon have credit enough -especially considering that lenders know you won't be able to pull the bankruptcy lever for another seven years.

What you need is cash in the bank.

Totally agree,whrn it gets there send it back . They have a return /refund policy . I know how it feels . Hang in there

I have a Carvin Nomad. The cleans are great on it, I prefer to use a pedal over the soak channel for my dirty tones. But the soak channel also has it's charm. From the reviews I've read you made the right decision getting just the head. The main complaints were that the combos didnt sound good because of the small cab that Carvin used.

For a USA built tube amp it's hard to beat a Carvin. Hope you enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the amp about 10 days ago. It sounded great. That is, until it stopped working. One night I was playing and it suddenly stopped producing sound while the power light was on. There were no cable or speaker problems. I sent it back for a refund. I'll stick with what I have for the time being. Such is life.

Weird. I had that happen with a brand new Orange amp I bought once. I returned it and bought a VOX AC15C. But as of right this moment, I still own 3 Carvin amps.

I had that problem with an Orange Micro Terror too.

Sounds like the defect is a god thing.....

I got the amp about 10 days ago. It sounded great. That is, until it stopped working. One night I was playing and it suddenly stopped producing sound while the power light was on. There were no cable or speaker problems. I sent it back for a refund. I'll stick with what I have for the time being. Such is life.

Monica, first of all, I admire you so much. You are on the path to doing very well for yourself. From what little I know about you, I do know you had some difficulties with things like alcohol and guitar addiction. I have both myself. But as a CPA and financial advisor, I have to agree with some of the above comments. Do not fall back into the credit trap, Your credit will rebuild itself naturally. Stick with what you have and appreciate all of it and if you have to have something (read GAS), just make sure you have the cash for it or just walk away.

Hope everything is well. I had this exact amp head. I loved it! Had to get rid of it during some financial woes. I would get another one again. I had one wrapped in tweed. Very vintage sounding and they take pedals really well. Hope you have fun with it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Archived