Heritage Owners Club

Happy new guitar day

big bob

Cool.... so far. A nicely relic-ed Heritage 5 string bass.

That looks to be a good find... and a sound investment.

Dig, dig, dig. Fred nailed it.

Heritage HB-5

It's in good shape but cosmeticly it's seen better days. Lots of paint chips but nothing too deep.

I bought it from Jack who bought it from Victor, who bought it from Kebo's bass world. At present she is at the luthier being stripped and sanded. More picks when she's all back as one.post-463-0-03870900-1457985886_thumb.jpeg

post-463-0-04191300-1457985870_thumb.jpeg

That's a nice pick up for any collection Lance!

Are you using that Mark Belle fella that someone around had recently used for the refin?

I'm having Bob Peterson of Angel Guitar do the work. He worked for Martin. Bob also does a lot of work for Jay Wolfe I think.

Im having Bob strip the bass down and then I'll make a decision as to transparent or opaque. She is neck through and solid maple so I'm hoping for nice looking wood but I'm not holding my breath, I guessing Heritage painted her black for a reason. I guess I'll know either way soon.

Im having Bob strip the bass down and then I'll make a decision as to transparent or opaque. She is neck through and solid maple so I'm hoping for nice looking wood but I'm not holding my breath, I guessing Heritage painted her black for a reason. I guess I'll know either way soon.

I'll bet it's some nice wood underneath.. Heritage just buys good wood... it's their thing.

Archived