Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H150 & H157...The Kalamazoo Legacy Continues?

Gitfiddler

Some times in life, good stuff happens. Back in the 1983 if you read this... CLOSING KALAMAZOO In July 1983 Gibson president Marty Locke informed Jim Deurloo that the Kalamazoo plant would close. The last production at ...

My point is have some faith.

Well, hearing about making it a tourist trap just gives me an uneasy feeling. However, I sure hope I'm wrong. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst comes to mind. The things that have been mentioned as possibilities makes it sound very "Gibson USA" to me.

If they are seriously considering opening a restaurant and museum on the site, why would that be a bad idea?

As difficult as it is for any small guitar maker to generate capital these days, some creative ideas that pump capital into the business should be seriously looked at. Heritage has historically done such a terrible job marketing or developing their brand, I'd welcome creative ideas to help carry them into the next 25+ years. Even the Heritage website is outdated and static. It is time to pump up some new ideas. To their credit Heritage has participated in tours of their factory, and worked with the HOC on previous Parsons Street Pilgrimage evens...in the past. I wish them luck with whatever they decide.

Martin, PRS and Gibson have tours, museums, and more. It's all about building their respective brand, and that sells guitars.

https://www.martinguitar.com/about/visit-us/

http://www.prsguitars.com/about

http://www.gibson.com/Gibson/Gibson-Tours.aspx

If they are seriously considering opening a restaurant and museum on the site, why would that be a bad idea?

As difficult as it is for any small guitar maker to generate capital these days, some creative ideas that pump capital into the business should be seriously looked at. Heritage has historically done such a terrible job marketing or developing their brand, I'd welcome creative ideas to help carry them into the next 25+ years. Even the Heritage website is outdated and static. It is time to pump up some new ideas. To their credit Heritage has participated in tours of their factory, and worked with the HOC on previous Parsons Street Pilgrimage evens...in the past. I wish them luck with whatever they decide.

Martin, PRS and Gibson have tours, museums, and more. It's all about building their respective brand, and that sells guitars.

https://www.martinguitar.com/about/visit-us/

http://www.prsguitars.com/about

http://www.gibson.com/Gibson/Gibson-Tours.aspx

Recently visited some cottage industries that really know how to promote. Always first class coffee and food available.

Not saying Heritage is a cottage industry.

Historical places and food sell. Bang a guitar workshop in the middle of that. Shouldnt be a bad thing.

If they could throw in a scenic train ride, all the better.

Yeah, what's the what-what with that one anyway? Is that a customer order or one just for yourself? I kind of hope it's spoken for, because I've got credit card in my pocket that's starting to get a little warm! ;)

The factory called me and said they had a guitar I would like... The rest is history. Ren told Bill it was around 10lbs using his antique arm scale so I chose Seths to draw the most tone out of her, she also has a 1 piece back and a super straight/low action standard medium carved neck.

WP_20160331_002_zpsi4dyigyv.jpg

WP_20160331_006_zpsvcyl1s8x.jpg

WP_20160331_007_zpsof9bs1uj.jpg

Wow! Who wouldn't love that one. Simply gorgeous.

The factory called me and said they had a guitar I would like... The rest is history. Ren told Bill it was around 10lbs using his antique arm scale so I chose Seths to draw the most tone out of her, she also has a 1 piece back and a super straight/low action standard medium carved neck.

Wow! That one is super sweet!!! :love10:

Kinda happy to know that we Dealers can now post new Heritage's on here that we'd like to sell.

Jay

"Be sure to get 3 quotes.

Indeed- I'd recommend getting at least 6 quotes. Call me with the best quote & I can & will easily beat it. Not a problem. Another note- should you collect your new custom Heritage at the factory & the Heritage guys show you the invoice, which they often do, you might want to credit any deposits before jumping to any erroneous conclusions. Again- it's nice to know Dealers are now permitted to post new Heritage's on this site. Gonna get pretty busy however.

Thanks,

Jay Wolfe

Heritage's largest Dealer for 3 decades

Gotta say I've been a bit surprised the Mods/Admin haven't shut down the dealer postings of late. We certainly want to see the guitars. And it's very cool that we have member-dealers. But it's gonna get wilde if we start getting dealer postings all willy nilly and what not. :glasses1:

:idea1: Personally, I think we should have a room just for dealers to post. Different from the Ebay/Non-Heritage rooms. No pricing allowed. Just "contact" for price. All in the same dealers only room. But, that's just my opinion.

Kinda happy to know that we Dealers can now post new Heritage's on here that we'd like to sell.

Jay

I guess I need to find out protocol here, so I can start listing too.

Up until now I have not even started to sell my products, I have however shared a few pictures and promoted the Guitars.

Gotta say I've been a bit surprised the Mods/Admin haven't shut down the dealer postings of late. We certainly want to see the guitars. And it's very cool that we have member-dealers. But it's gonna get wilde if we start getting dealer postings all willy nilly and what not. :glasses1:

:idea1: Personally, I think we should have a room just for dealers to post. Different from the Ebay/Non-Heritage rooms. No pricing allowed. Just "contact" for price. All in the same dealers only room. But, that's just my opinion.

I agree. Dealers should have a room to post.

+10000!!!

This has changed me to far and they are respected guitar company. To turn this into a Gibson tour and heritage just a word would be bs.i try and spread the word by mouth and at every gig , music store , forums. I am proud to be a part of the family.and to just close it up would be horrible . Sell stocks? I don't have much but I would buy into it. I am sure there would be a lot sold . I just want to build my heritage dream guitar !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived