Heritage Owners Club

2008 Millennium DC

tulk1

This came in Saturday from Mojo's Music. Haven't had a great deal of time to play it. What time I have had has been sweet! Some specs for you gear junkies:

• [li]Millennium DC[/li]
    [li]No F-Holes[/li]
    [li]OSB[/li]
    [li]Creme/Aged Binding[/li]
    [li]Rosewood FB[/li]
    [li]Trap Inlays[/li]
    [li]HRW pups[/li]
    [li]MoP Inlay[/li]
    [li]50's Neck Carve (they nailed it)[/li]
    [li]Tone Pros Locking Bridge/Tailpiece[/li]
    [li]Nickle Hardware[/li]

width=398 height=480http://eriador1.com/millie2008/millie2008-fullfront1.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://eriador1.com/millie2008/millie2008-bod1.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://eriador1.com/millie2008/millie2008-bod2.jpg[/img]

+1 for your new Millie DC!  Fantastic woods on that one. 

Congrats.

+1 for Mojo's Music! 8)

Yeah baby!! Bob rocks for Heritages. He's talking about ordering one like it for the shop. Told him I needed credits for the no f-holes.  8) BTW, I was up there putting a downpayment on this one when I saw what became your GT.

Very nice stripes on that millie, they appear to move around lots. Like the rosewood FB with the SB too! Is the headstock scribble MOP?

Yes on the MoP headstock inlay. I think that is stock on the Millies, but I did request it to make sure. And yeah, that flame moves a bit. Gets very deep, too. And unless they just threw in upgraded wood, I didn't ask for it.

From what I've had time to fiddle with, it has more of a Double Cut H150 feel than a semi-solid/hollow. Not at all like the SAE. But then, I've only had time to tinker, not really put it thru the paces. With the holidays and travel next week, it's going to be a bit before I can really kick the tires on this one. But for now ... it sure is purdy!

Kenny,

Congrats and I'm glad you are happy with her. I know you have been spec'n and gasing on this one for awhile.

Yet another man that sells a PRS to get a Heritage!

Good Job,

John

WOW! I'd like one just the same but with F holes.

Then it wouldn't be the same. ...  :police: .........  ;D

Kenny,

Congrats and I'm glad you are happy with her. I know you have been spec'n and gasing on this one for awhile.

Yet another man that sells a PRS to get a Heritage!

Good Job,

John

Started on it shortly after the PSP1, as a few of you are aware. And that McRosie almost paid for this one. I'd say it was a bargain!! :thumbsup:

I was just thinking... 'what happened to Kenny's Mille?' and find I missed this post.  Congrats!  That is one good looking guitar.  Really like the back grain on it.  So... when's the gig so we can get a tone report?

I was just thinking... 'what happened to Kenny's Mille?' and find I missed this post.  Congrats!  That is one good looking guitar.  Really like the back grain on it.  So... when's the gig so we can get a tone report?

Randy,

The whole guitar is spectacular. Ren told me they took extra care on it because they felt it was special. :thumbsup: They even have pics of it up at the plant. And Ren sent me a sticker signed by everyone that worked on it. Near as I can tell, it was everybody.

I can give you an at home tone report. Haven't really gigged with it, yet. Next gig isn't until mid-January. To look at it, it looks like a solid body. But once it starts pumping tones you know it's not. The whole body starts to vibrate and gets a def woody tone to it. Much like the regular Millie's and 535s. You can feel the semi-solid/hollow roots, no doubt.

As for actual tone; Thru the Mesa Lone Star: clean it just sings. The neck pup is very warm yet articulate enough to let each string sing it's own notes. Just a bit of roll off on the TC and it starts into Hollow Body territory - starts, that is. Mid position it blends in just enough highs to give it a bit more sparkle, yet still have that authoritive round tone. With a slight OD on the Mesa all of the above remains true. It can be clean until you bear down and make it break over. It's very thrilling.

The neck pup has just that ever so slight brilliance that is just approaching the shrill territory. Not quite there, but almost. Especially on the high E. It can be tamed with the TC, so it's not a biggie. Tone rolled to 8, in Dist or OD, the neck really pops out. Even on the Mesa the leads are clean enough to point out where I'm not.  :P Again, all of that is subjective to my dying ears and the Mesa. Haven't tried it on my Vox's yet.

One thing I can say, it is set up superbly! 10's and it plays like 9's. Bends are easy, both pushes and pulls. No fret buzz anywhere up the fret on any string. Action is low enough to not get caught under the strings, yet high enough to feel the strings move when fretting. Just like I like 'em. There are some manufacturing nicks here and there, some finishing scruff marks. But I don't care. I just gave it a once over, said "Oh" and moved on. It's my baby!! and I love this guitar. Need a 150 and Prospect to match!  :angel:

What's your reccomend on the lonestar?

Do you mean do I recommend getting one? If you're the size of Kuz and can lift whole mountains with one hand, sure, get one.  :P  Seriously, I love my LS. But that sucker is SO heavy it never leaves the house. Bordering on 90lbs, and that is just the 112. Tone wise, tho', it's a monster. Lots of good blues tones to be had out of that combo. Won't do Dual Rec, but I never like that anyway. I'm a fan of the LS, tho'. :thumbsup:

Do you mean do I recommend getting one? If you're the size of Kuz and can lift whole mountains with one hand, sure, get one.  :P  Seriously, I love my LS. But that sucker is SO heavy it never leaves the house. Bordering on 90lbs, and that is just the 112. Tone wise, tho', it's a monster. Lots of good blues tones to be had out of that combo. Won't do Dual Rec, but I never like that anyway. I'm a fan of the LS, tho'. :thumbsup:

I'm in to low watt combo and getting lower watts with age. I went form 30 watts with the Chicago Blues Box to 22 watts with the Headstrong Royal Reverb ('65 Blackface Deluxe Reverb) to 12 watts with a '57 RI Tweed Deluxe and a 12 watt Headstrong Lil' King Reverb ('65 Princeton Reverb).

Funny I'm getting more tone with the lower watt amps and a pedal.

What's the wattage on the Mesa Lonestar?

John,

For gigging I've gone the lower wattage, too. My Fav at the moment is an AC15CC1 with a Weber Blue Dog. Wonderful amp. My other gigging amp is the Vox AC30CC1. It's border line too heavy. But the tone is great for country.

The Mesa is switchable 100/50W. The newer versions, the ones they call "Classic" are 10/50/100, I believe. I run mine on the 50W side.

I didn't know you had the RI Tweed. How is that bad boy? I was very close to pulling the card on the RI Twin. But even that amp is borderline too heavy any more. How about a review of the Headstrong?

I was torn between the Vox AC15 and the Blues Jr. NOS.  I went with the Jr. because of the mods available but more importantly the weight.  For my needs a 5 watt amp would really be all I need. 

Archived