Heritage Owners Club

Never Met A H535 That I Didn't Like

HANGAR18

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Here's mine, '92 I picked up recently, absolutely love the guitar, not sure yet how I feel about the pickguard, am considering a traditional 335 shape in tortoise shell, there's a used one at a guitar shop in Montreal that I'm being tempted by.

What do you guys think, would you keep the Heritage guard or go traditional 335-shaped tortoise shell ? Is there a good sourxce for replacement pickguards?

This is my first post, howdy all!

EF

IMG_0787_zpsnurwsdzl.jpg

IMG_0797_zpsr3eok5tj.jpg

electricfactory, WELCOME!

Pickguards, like so much else on guitars, are a very personal taste. I have no problem with my 535 with a pickguard like yours, no problem with my other 535 with NO pickguard (probably preferred!) and really like my Gibson Memphis Reissue ES-335 with the normal Gibson-style pickguard. It's all good.... Maybe take yours off for a couple of weeks and see how you feel with it "naked." If you don't like it, don't feel like you have betrayed us by adding a Gibby style guard. Many do.

Stick around, we are a good bunch of folks!

I personally like the Heritage pickguards much more than the generic Gibson style guards. They follow the lines of the guitar much better, and I MUCH prefer the wood to plastic. I usually have my fingers rubbing on the pickguard and lots of plastic ones generate static which then crackles through the pickups.

Your's has some nice flame on the wood, and matchs the guitars finish very nicely. The only reason I would take it off would be to preserve it.

... and welcome to the HOC.

What do you guys think, would you keep the Heritage guard or go traditional 335-shaped tortoise shell ? Is there a good sourxce for replacement pickguards?

EF

Here's mine, '92 I picked up recently, absolutely love the guitar, not sure yet how I feel about the pickguard, am considering a traditional 335 shape in tortoise shell, there's a used one at a guitar shop in Montreal that I'm being tempted by.

EF

IMG_0787_zpsnurwsdzl.jpg

IMG_0797_zpsr3eok5tj.jpg

Welcome. I say give it time. I did not like the standard Heritage 535 guards at first but they grow on you. And yours is part of the art work that is built into that guitar if that makes sense. Not your standard cheap plastic guard for sure. But it's yours so whatever rings your bell.

I don't think I'm biased because I own this... :toothy1:

...but I think this is the nicest 535 around

000_0003_zpslg7jdkid.jpg

Not hot on pink but the flame sure is gorgeous!!!

Nice thread.

I waited until I turned 60 to start gigging and now can't wait for the next open mike session at local pubs or clubs. I'm addicted. Thanks in large part to my 2004 H535. Love it to bits.

post-20901-0-00548600-1473406164_thumb.jpg

post-20901-0-06016000-1473406221_thumb.jpg

post-20901-0-18349900-1473406241_thumb.jpg

Archived