Heritage Owners Club

Guitarbean started it!

big bob

I am fortunate to have several great flavors of Heritage guitars, but I could only narrow it down to three:

A custom 3"" deep, 25 1/2 in scale Heritage 530

p13_zpsrqyajpjw.jpg

p5_zps8w8npybh.jpg

My main gigging guitar, A customer Millie Ultra, no F holes, trap inlays, sick flame maple top

millie32_zps75752fc3.jpg

Custom Super Eagle. Single mounted HB, carved X Braced Top, a beauty

IMG_09062.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

"Pressure, would you please show a picture of the guitar you proposed to marv, circa psp 2015? Best design yet imo"
Thanks for the encouragement.

That guitar image you saw at PSP 2015 was first proposed at PSP 2013 then at PSP 2014. The last version was shown at PSP 2016.
Since Heritage have not agreed to build it yet I
won't post pictures. But in keeping with the spirit of this thread (posting and heaping rightly deserved praise on other peoples Heritage guitars) here is my contribution.

This guitar was created by Heritage for Me (a very custom build) to keep in trust for "Future Guitar Player". It lives at my house until it is passed on to some very lucky guitar player.

First the string change image... yes every year whether it needs it or not, and the 2 new pictures that were taken by Phil at PSP 2016.

Prospect_StringChange_09_02_2016_zpsa9fm

Prospect_Front_at_PSP9_zpsghlfrugk.jpg

Prospect_Back_at_PSP9_zpsrfrjrgk0.jpg

[since Heritage have not agreed to build it yet I [/font][/color]won't post pictures. But in keeping with the spirit of this thread (posting and heaping rightly deserved praise on other peoples Heritage guitars) here is my contribution.

This guitar was created by Heritage for Me (a very custom build) to keep in trust for "Future Guitar Player". It lives at my house until it is passed on to some very lucky guitar player.

Prospect_StringChange_09_02_2016_zpsa9fm

Prospect_Front_at_PSP9_zpsghlfrugk.jpg

Prospect_Back_at_PSP9_zpsrfrjrgk0.jpg

OMG!!! That is off the charts gorgeous, well conceived and brilliantly executed!

"Since Heritage have not agreed to build it yet I won't post pictures.

Just because they agree to build it, it doesn't mean that they will actually follow through with it. Agreements, gentlemans word, a virtual handshake, and even hard cash up front seemed (to me) to mean nothing.

I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor.

Sorry to hear of your problems with Heritage but my experience has been very different. I have had 3 very difficult custom builds done by Heritage and they delivered exactly what I wanted + a million. I will look back on these builds and the friendships they created for the rest of my life.

Sorry to hear of your problems with Heritage but my experience has been very different. I have had 3 very difficult custom builds done by Heritage and they delivered exactly what I wanted + a million. I will look back on these builds and the friendships they created for the rest of my life.

I'm very glad to hear this.

One of a set of 3 I have- Golden Eagle, Johnny Smith & Super eagle- all with this same quilt. Thanks to my late friend JP Moats.

post-13-0-81770800-1473355964_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-80134400-1473355979_thumb.jpg

I remember that Antique Natural H575 Custom with the quilted top. Recall JP calling me to see if it'd be OK to mix the woods like that. I said.....okay. That baby is gorgeous, and very unique. JP said they cut a quilted back for a Sweet 16 and it's backwards, or upside down or something went wrong. He said.." I can use it on a righty H575 Custom and I'll not charge you for the wood upgrade if you take it! No brainer of course.

Hey Kenny (following a precedent) Show us that Prospect of yours, that'd be the one.

Next to that is Pressure's Spruce 170...what say you?

Kip, this one? Never did take the best pics of it. But it's by far my fav Heritage.

custom-prospect-fullfront.jpg

I'm quite fond of the looks of this one. Altho' we've never really bonded. Does have a neat back story, tho'.

millie2008-fullfront1.jpg

that's it Kenny. When I first made it here, years ago now, I saw that guitar and it's haunted me since. Something about it. Just the right bling....bound headstock, traps. Love it. Although Polo's with the 12th fret marker solo sets a very high bar as well. The Prospects do it for me.

I remember that Antique Natural H575 Custom with the quilted top. Recall JP calling me to see if it'd be OK to mix the woods like that. I said.....okay. That baby is gorgeous, and very unique. JP said they cut a quilted back for a Sweet 16 and it's backwards, or upside down or something went wrong. He said.." I can use it on a righty H575 Custom and I'll not charge you for the wood upgrade if you take it! No brainer of course.

I was hot on the trail for that one for too long, then Gitfiddler jumped in... She found a great home!

Jay~

Thanks for the back story on that amazing H575! It is also very lightweight, sonically vibrant and of course, easy on the eyes! The original Schallers sounded good, but HRW's took it to another level.

Here's a shot taken a few days ago, confirming she's still lookin' good. She's my "cold dead hands" guitar.

oYvd72.jpg

Her backside ain't too shabby either! :icon_smile:

qOleKX.jpg

Jay~

Thanks for the back story on that amazing H575! It is also very lightweight, sonically vibrant and of course, easy on the eyes! The original Schallers sounded good, but HRW's took it to another level.

Here's a shot taken a few days ago, confirming she's still lookin' good. She's my "cold dead hands" guitar.

oYvd72.jpg

Her backside ain't too shabby either! :icon_smile:

qOleKX.jpg

:love4:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived