Heritage Owners Club

NGD (11/10) H-150CM

rmcgrath

H-150CM Vintage Sunburst (VSB), although it looks close to a light Almond Burst finish to me, which is my favorite. One piece body, TonePro’s bridge and stop bar, SD Pearly Gates (not currently wired for coil tapping), CTS pots, bone nut and Switchcraft toggle switch and input jack.

I haven’t fully run it through its’ paces yet but so far through my rig the 3 high strings absolutely sing but the 3 low strings are a little too muddy with a slight semi-hollow body tone. Not as clear and focused as I prefer. I’ll change the strings to what I run on my other H-150 & G&L Legacy, which sound great. I’ve learned that string do make a big difference. Other changes may be the Faber stop tail and HYBRIDge, which has titanium saddles for the wound string and brass for the unwound. I’ll probably change the pots for coil tapping, maybe also out of phase and all that, at some point.

“Bla, bla, bla…….just show us the pics.”

post-19676-0-00535100-1478999276_thumb.jpg

post-19676-0-98112000-1478999284_thumb.jpg

post-19676-0-43185800-1478999296_thumb.jpg

post-19676-0-06038900-1478999314_thumb.jpg

H-150CM Vintage Sunburst (VSB), although it looks close to a light Almond Burst finish to me, which is my favorite. One piece body, TonePro’s bridge and stop bar, SD Pearly Gates (not currently wired for coil tapping), CTS pots, bone nut and Switchcraft toggle switch and input jack.

I haven’t fully run it through its’ paces yet but so far through my rig the 3 high strings absolutely sing but the 3 low strings are a little too muddy with a slight semi-hollow body tone. Not as clear and focused as I prefer. I’ll change the strings to what I run on my other H-150 & G&L Legacy, which sound great. I’ve learned that string do make a big difference. Other changes may be the Faber stop tail and HYBRIDge, which has titanium saddles for the wound string and brass for the unwound. I’ll probably change the pots for coil tapping, maybe also out of phase and all that, at some point.

“Bla, bla, bla…….just show us the pics.”

Dammit that's nice!

Archived