Heritage Owners Club

NGD....1987 HERITAGE H357 IN PELHAM BLUE!

brentrocks

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The seller found the original pots and pickups today....they are on their way to MI

You've got all the goodies now. Original and rare, a combination that's hard to beat. Congrats again!

I finally got a GOOD case for it!! Sweetwaters....$100 its an Epiphone case.....but i made it into a HERITAGE CASE.....LOL

The fit is PERFECT!!!!

They want $250 + for a gibson case!!!!

65F9F0BC-8FF5-4D12-B8AB-A8FE4DC54AA1_zps

E10E265D-99D1-4CFA-BB9F-F641FD8F0CBD_zps

8695DA2C-D707-4940-A151-BC14A2ADB597_zps

Yep, that is the same case I got for my 357 (and same sticker too!!!). It is not expensive and well done.

Only issue with it is its size. It is a humongous case. I believe (not) Bill Gelder had a smaller case where the guitar sits "at an angle", saving considerable length.

I also remember it was very expensive, though

• 2 weeks later...
I have been playing the shit out of this guitar! It plays and sounds sooooo sweet!!! I am so overly geeked! The history, the feel, the tone!!!

And its even published!!! LOL

IMG_3532_zpsyhn07pms.jpg

IMG_3526_zpsezv7xxzf.jpg

Very cool Marvbird you picked up there. In some ways I miss the brown '89 model that I had & sold last spring. But with me being a small guy, that thing just looked HUGE on me. Congrats, and for the love of Pete... Hold on to that thing!!!

Very cool Marvbird you picked up there. In some ways I miss the brown '89 model that I had & sold last spring. But with me being a small guy, that thing just looked HUGE on me. Congrats, and for the love of Pete... Hold on to that thing!!!

Very, very, cool indeed!

But not a Marv bird. A pre- marv bird!

Alright guys, clue me in as to just what differentiates an H357 from a "Marvbird". All these years it had my understanding that Marv had been primarily responsible for all the H357/Birds.

It was my understanding that Marv built all the H357s. I think the MARVBIRD tag originated when he started building them again, after an almost 20 year hiatus of the H357

It's not going anywhere, except to PSP and an acassional jam

That's awesome, Brent, especially since you've been the #1 fan of the Heritage brand for so many years.

Thank Tim!! Please tell me you will be joining us on august 4th.

Brent & Company,

Can anyone tell me where Pelham Blue comes from. Who is Pelham, what is a Pelham?

That guitar is a beauty!

y2kc

Pelham blue is a color invented by General Motors during the 1960's. It is simply a shade of blue with metal flakes added. It was originally used on Cadillac models. Guitar manufactures in particular Gibson were known for using automotive paints for its durability. Think guitars, Cadillacs, and Hill Billy music.

Archived