Heritage Owners Club

Anyone else with a 2 pice back on their H150?

Rude Dog

I was reading something about different cuts of wood - quarter sawn, flat sawn and rift sawn.

I recently looked @ the end pin on my H150 and it's a 2 piece back. It's an '06 I think.

I was kinda bummed for a little bit; I thought these were one piece & that that's better.

Now, I guess I don't give a sh!t really, because I love this guitar and have so for the year and 1/2 I've had it.

But am curious as to what the deal is?

Here's an "enhanced" photo

width=600 height=450http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/RSTIII/Heritage_endpin.jpg[/img]

Thanks.

My Gary Moore is a 1-piece....and i think my '88 H 150 is 1-piece also......usually the 2 piece bodies are painted, well, not necessarily????

i remember Ren talking about that on the tour.....i forgot how they work that?

My Gary Moore is a 1-piece....and i think my '88 H 150 is 1-piece also......usually the 2 piece bodies are painted, well, not necessarily????

i remember Ren talking about that on the tour.....i forgot how they work that?

I just looked it up and it's a an 05, H150 Classic (sticker on control cavity plate)

The back and neck are a deep red stain/almost paint but you can see the grain.

Mine's one piece![/img]

Spectrum....  Just noticed the sleeves on which your guitar is resting -- all great discs, but in particular, the Raw Blues  disc.  I thought I was the only one in Christendom with that disc.  I've had it forever, puchased from some cut-out bin somewhere in the Seventies.  That's the disc which introduced me to Otis Spann, one of my favorite muscians!  There's a really good Clapton track on that disc, too, as I recall.  I'm at work just now, but I'll have to unearth that one when I get home and leave it on the turntable for a while.  Thanks for the reminder!

Spectrum....  Just noticed the sleeves on which your guitar is resting -- all great discs, but in particular, the Raw Blues  disc.  I thought I was the only one in Christendom with that disc.  I've had it forever, puchased from some cut-out bin somewhere in the Seventies.  That's the disc which introduced me to Otis Spann, one of my favorite muscians!  There's a really good Clapton track on that disc, too, as I recall.  I'm at work just now, but I'll have to unearth that one when I get home and leave it on the turntable for a while.  Thanks for the reminder!

It's been released on CD as well, I've got that one and it's great.

Here's a couple more pics

width=450 height=480http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/RSTIII/heritageendpin3.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/RSTIII/heritageendpin2.jpg[/img]

I thought all 150s were one piece backs; and am not sure if I would have bought this guitar if I had known it was a 2 piece; I probably would have tried to find a different one with  one piece back.

Maybe that's silly though...

Here's a couple shots of the top

width=360 height=480http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/RSTIII/IMG_4108.jpg[/img]

IMG_4625_3.jpg

width=365 height=480http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/RSTIII/aaaaaaa.jpg[/img]

and am not sure if I would have bought this guitar if I had known it was a 2 piece;

I don't understand the big deal on this. My H150LW has a one-piece back, while my H150P90 has a 2-piece back--they both sound awesome!

I don't understand the big deal on this. My H150LW has a one-piece back, while my H150P90 has a 2-piece back--they both sound awesome!

I think the only deal is it's more pleasing aesthetically. Sonically there can't be any difference. It is pretty cool, tho', to see unbroken flame/quilt/whatever across the plank.

The thing for me is the "originals" were one piece, and that is somewhat important to me - that my 150 be the same in that regard.

I assumed - something one shouldn't do - that all H150s were one piece backs when I bought it and later learned that it wasn't; so at the least I bought something that was not what I expected it to be - which is on me.

Just about every heritage I've ever played has been an exceptional instrument, and this is the only brand of guitar that I've experienced that with; so that says alot.

BUT, this guitar isn't going anywhere. The back is beautiful wood. I just wanted to share my thoughts out loud.

Very interesting figure on that top. Lots going on...Riff cut?  Nice suitecase too!

Yeah, I think rift sawn.

That's not a suitecase!  :)

It's an early 50s Silvertone 1330 combo. 2 6L6s through a 1x15 = tonal bliss!

When ever I play out with it people chuckle until they hear it.

She's nicknamed "The ancient Mariner"

Slate... saved lots of stuff I got back in the 60's...

This one is just for you.....[/img]

Nice goldtop!  Tom Kellog???  I raced bikes for twenty years!  I recognize all that stuff!  Who rides sew-ups anymore?  Had nine bikes, at one point.  Now, just the Serrota Ti....

Rude Dog....  That's just what I'll be looking for in my next 150...color, figure!!!  What a Beaut!!!  Thanks for posting those pics!  Lovely!! 

With a top like that I would hang on to that thing, 2 piece back or not.  It's a beaut.

Don't know what if any difference it makes, 1 or 2 piece backs.

I have an old '79 tokai love rock with a 3 piece back & it is a killer guitar

my '93 H150CM has a one piece back

not sure how much it really matters, to be honest....I never hear people complaing about martin 2 or 3 piece acoustic backs

T, you got a pic of that LW? Wouldn't mind hearing more about. Maybe not in this thread, tho'.

Archived