Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage Bass Day: 1988 Heritage HB2

HANGAR18

Having succumbed to a deal which I could no longer refuse, I have successfully adopted a 1988 Heritage HB2 bass guitar from HOC member DC Ron, who doesn't live very far from me at all, and I am absolutely delighted!

Not just an awesome piece of Heritage history but also a real workhorse with lots of honest wear. This bass is astonishingly light, weighing in at just over 8 & 1/2 pounds. None of the original electronics. DC Ron installed some DiMarzio vintage style pickups and then wired it up so that the little toggle switch does a phase reversal thing (if I understood him correctly). 2 VOL & 1 TONE, really nifty fret markers which look like aluminum rods filled with something black. Actually, aside from the beautiful wood grain of the Rosewood fingerboard set onto a thin Jazz neck, everything is blacked out....

(wait for it...)

(wait for it...)

and... It’s like, how much more black could this be?
And the answer is none.
None more black.

Heritage-1988-HB2-a.jpg

Thank you!  New mantra here:  I don't need it, I don't need it...

She's a great looking bass.  Nice snatch!

Enjoy, Danny! The pickups are Dimarzio Area P+J (DP251), their take on a vintage pickup according to the literature I found. The toggle is set up the same as factory, as a series-parallel switch on the P-Bass pickup. Lots of cool sounds AND easy on the back. 

I was about to cave too. Of course I don’t need another bass, but…….

Well you scooped it out underneath me.  That’s ok I didn’t need it.  Now you can start bass guitar lessons!

Archived