Heritage Owners Club

My Custom Core P90 H150 arrived at Sweetwater today

brentrocks

Nah.....  I hate those big clunky Gibson style pickguards.    If you want a Gibson, buy a Gibson!    This is a Heritage.  

Sorry Brent, but I just don't like those things.   I know you do,  you put them on all the guitars you get.   If I bought one I would just tell you to keep the guard and poker chip and put the original back on.  

3 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Nah.....  I hate those big clunky Gibson style pickguards.    If you want a Gibson, buy a Gibson!    This is a Heritage.  

Sorry Brent, but I just don't like those things.   I know you do,  you put them on all the guitars you get.   If I bought one I would just tell you to keep the guard and poker chip and put the original back on.  

I agree.  I greatly dislike the shape of the Gibson pick guards and headstocks.

7 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I agree.  I greatly dislike the shape of the Gibson pick guards and headstocks.

I also love the Heritage pickguard, the way it follows the body shape (only the H150 style one). I love the custom core headstock too, I think they finally got a shape worthy of the company. I'm not a fan of the custom poker chips, but I love that Brent makes the guitars his own!!!

I prefer Heritage guitars to have Heritage style pickguards.

I prefer Gibson guards on Gibsons. 

I’m also not a fan of “Poker Chips” on Heritage guitars (although I’m aware that some of the early ones had them).

Looks great in that color, wow!  I think the gibson style guards look great on heritages, I mean they are Les Pauls aren't they?  I am biased as my H150 has gibson historic rings and pickguard. 

If you think about selling in the future, post that here.  Always thought a P90 les paul in lemonburst would be awesome, and yours certainly is.

I am of the other camp. I know what the switch does. Why add more plastic? The chip goes. Also, if it has a beautiful flame, why cover it up with more plastic? The guard goes, also. Let the beauty of the wood shine through.

By the way, Philadelphia Luthier has nickel covers for the P-90s. Good looking way to eliminate more plastic. Just an FYI...

Archived