Heritage Owners Club

The Millie DC has arrived!

pro-fusion

Well, got my 2004 Millie DC today.  What a beauty!  I've only had time to plug it in for a second and take photos, but my preliminary thoughts are that it is a fusion monster and works just as well for hard rock.  It's more "solid" feeling and hefty than my 555, and the sound has more bite and attack to it (albeit not as much so as my 157, obviously).  The neck carve is quite similar to my 157--sort of in between a 50s and 60s neck, with a very comfortable curve to it.  Very shred-worthy.

Ok, enough chit-chat, here are the photos.    ;D

width=266 height=480http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/acoberst/guitars/Heritage%20Millennium/HeritageMillenniumDC002.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/acoberst/guitars/Heritage%20Millennium/HeritageMillenniumDC004.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/acoberst/guitars/Heritage%20Millennium/HeritageMillenniumDC005.jpg[/img]

width=250 height=480http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/acoberst/guitars/Heritage%20Millennium/HeritageMillenniumDC007.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=355http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/acoberst/guitars/Heritage%20Millennium/HeritageMillenniumDC009.jpg[/img]

width=465 height=480http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/acoberst/guitars/Heritage%20Millennium/HeritageMillenniumDC013.jpg[/img]

That's a great girlfriend for your 157 ;D

Oh yeah, and they can have a threesome with the 555, too.  ;D

I'm impressed with how versatile the Millie is.  It's tonally very sensitive to volume control changes.  With a high-gain sound, you can go from Larry Carlton to heavy metal just by opening up the volume control.  I don't know that it would be the right guitar for a hard-core jazzer, since it's probably got a little too much bite.  But for fusion and rock, it's a mean machine.  Between the 555, Millie and 157 (with Duncan Distortions), I go from warm to hot to volcanic meltdown.  :)

That is very very cool.. I've been thinking about one of these for a while now... Can I try it.. Can I try it... I'll bring a bib so I won't drool on it (insert imagery of the acid coming from the mouth of a creature in Aliens..) ..

Nice collection too... Good to see those H models standing front and center!

NO more Milli threads.

GAS pains are gone (well I relieved them).

AAS pains are gone (well, yea I relieved them as well).

Please no more Milli threads or pics, please for love of all that is right & tonefull, NO MORE!!!

What is that 12 string I see in the back?

That is an Agile AS-820.  Here is more info:  http://www.rondomusic.com/as82012white.html

I got mine for about $150 used at a local Guitar Center.  I had been planning to buy Agile's 12-string Les Paul knockoff, but the price on this one was too good to pass up.  It's a nice player by 12-string standards and has good sound, but it's rather neck-heavy.  I typically play it sitting down in my studio.

Pro... very nice collection and love that Millie the bridge placement looks perfect going by your saddles! What type of pickups?

Would you concur your M.D.C is between a 157 and a 555? That's what I feel for the bridge but for the neck it's like a little L5 since the center block does not extend under the neck pickups. So the pup is screwed into the carved maple and it's hollow under unlike a 555.

Also, since the Kuz does not want another Millie thread posted and your profile does not list a location....

My guitar repairman down here in Atlanta, Peter Jones told me someone came in with a Millie and a 535 so I was wondering if that was someone on the HOC...

Pro... very nice collection and love that Millie the bridge placement looks perfect going by your saddles! What type of pickups?

Would you concur your M.D.C is between a 157 and a 555? That's what I feel for the bridge but for the neck it's like a little L5 since the center block does not extend under the neck pickups. So the pup is screwed into the carved maple and it's hollow under unlike a 555.

Also, since the Kuz does not want another Millie thread posted and your profile does not list a location....

My guitar repairman down here in Atlanta, Peter Jones told me someone came in with a Millie and a 535 so I was wondering if that was someone on the HOC...

The Millie is definitely between the 157 and 555, but I would say actually a little closer to the 157.  The low end on both pickups is much tighter than my 555 on high-gain applications.  I didn't know that about the center block.  It's got HRWs, but the neck pickup doesn't sound like jazz box to me.  The Millie is perfect for what I do, but I can't see it being the right choice for a traditional jazzer.

I'm in Arlington, Va., so those weren't my guitars at the Atlanta repair shop.  I've had a busy weekend and haven't even had time to set up the Millie with my preferred string gauges etc.

I uploaded a couple of new tracks featuring the Millie, "Millennial Muse Parts 1 & 2".  You can check them out on my main site, www.councilofone.net.  These are very "out" pieces--guitar/drums duets inspired by Zappa and by Coltrane's "Interstellar Space."  Compare the guitar sound on those with the sound on the previous three pieces, "Prehistoric Fish Pt. 1-3", which I recorded using the 157 through the exact same setting in my Axe-FX preamp.  Lots of gain, so the distinction might not be as sharp as it could be, but the Millie is richer and deeper, while maybe lacking some of the crazy scream factor.

I'm a very lucky man--I can plug in any one of three Heritages and just get tone for days.  Good times.

Same settings? Different guitars? The Millie has much better note definition; much more musical; harmonic overtones are much more discernable; all in all a more defined note with more clarity and presence. To my ear, was not as "fuzzy" as the 157, leaving it a bit bolder and with a more outfront feel. Didn't seem to get lost in the mix at all. :thumbsup: And all of that could be pickup selection. What is what? Not sure I caught that in any previous posts.

And all of that could be pickup selection. What is what? Not sure I caught that in any previous posts.

HRWs in the Millie, Duncan Distortions in the 157.  That gain setting in the Axe-FX works great with the Millie and 555 with the HRWs, as well as my SG with Gibson '57s, but it's probably a bit too saturated for the Distortions.  I love that "sheets of sound" effect, though, particularly for a duo/trio setting.

Got HRW's in the Millie NFH. At first I thought they were a bit too dark sounding. Just popped the Millie into the Bright inputs/Low Gain in the Super and wowzers!! Tons of definition and the underlying feeling of "power". The HRWs really have a way keeping the notes clear, even under heavy OD/Dist. So I can see how that would come out in the sound clips. And yeah, Duncan Distortions - the tone in the clips makes sense knowing that.

The HRWs are pretty much my new favorite pickup.  Is there any type of music they can't handle?

I'm keeping the Distortions in the 157, though.  They give such an intense sound that I love.  I designed that patch in my Axe-FX preamp for my SG with Gibson '57s, which have considerably less output than the Distortions.  For my duets, it's pretty much just "plug in and go", so I didn't do any parameter tweaks.

Archived