Heritage Owners Club

H-157 Post some pics

nat120

Hi,

I am a new member and I am going to want to buy a H-157 with hardware like a Gibson Les Paul.  I wanted to see some pics of the different finishes.  I finally got to play one and it is one of the best guitars that I have ever played.  I currently have a Black Gibson Les Paul and if you can believe it is actually a good one.  It only took me buying 3 until the four actually played well.  I will not be buying anymore Gibsons as I am a huge fan of Heritage.  I want to buy one used in almost new condition.  $1,500 seems to be the going rate for one in excellent condition.

Hi,

I am a new member and I am going to want to buy a H-157 with hardware like a Gibson Les Paul.  I wanted to see some pics of the different finishes.  I finally got to play one and it is one of the best guitars that I have ever played.  I currently have a Black Gibson Les Paul and if you can believe it is actually a good one.  It only took me buying 3 until the four actually played well.  I will not be buying anymore Gibsons as I am a huge fan of Heritage.  I want to buy one used in almost new condition.  $1,500 seems to be the going rate for one in excellent condition.

Have you checked out the Gallery yet ? ( Top of screen beside "Calendar" and "My Messages" ) There should be a few pics in there.

Here's the link .... http://www.heritageownersclub.com/gallery2/main.php

I don't have a 157 myself but I'm sure those that do will post theirs shortly !

Very similar to the differences between a G'brand LP Standard and a Custom.

from the Heritage site ...

H-150CM Specs:

Neck - 17 degree peghead pitch; one piece mahogany neck.

Fingerboard - 24 3/4” scale rosewood cream bound fingerboard with 22 frets; mother of pearl trapezoid inlays.

Body - Single cutaway solid body with solid carved curly maple top and solid mahogany back; cream bound top; with cream pickguard.

body size:

rim thickness - 2”

body width - 13”

body length - 17 1/4”

Electronics - Two chrome plated humbucking pickups; two volume and two tone controls with selector switch.

Hardware - Chrome plated hardware.

H-150CM Classic -(Shown) Same specs as H-150CM except Seymour Duncan pickups.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

H-157 Specs:

Neck - 17 degree peghead pitch; one piece mahogany neck; white bound head veneer with mother of pearl inlay.

Fingerboard - 24 3/4” scale ebony white bound fingerboard with 22 frets. With mother of pearl block inlays.

Body - Single cutaway solid body with solid carved maple top and solid mahogany back; multiple white bound top and back; bound wood pickguard.

body size:

rim thickness - 2”

body width - 13”

body length – 17 1/4”

Electronics - Two gold plated humbucking pickups; two volume and two tone controls with selector switch.

Hardware - Gold plated hardware.

//////////////////////////////////////////

The main difference from a playability point of view is probably the fingerboard, ebony on the 157 and rosewood on the 150.

Hope this helps.

H-150 model info from this site.  

Essentially, the 157 has multi-ply bound front, back and pickguard; white bound neck; ebony fretboard; MOP block markers including first fret inlay; white bound headstock with MOP inlaid logo and diamond (I like to think of it as a tear drop); gold plated hardware and wood pickguard.

The 150 has cream bound top and neck; rosewood board; MOP trapezoids with blank first fret; chrome hardware and a plastic pickguard.

HTH.

EDIT: Apparently I type too slowly. LOL.

157's have top and back body binding, fingerboard and headstock binding, ebony fingerboard with block inlays, gold hardware. The 150 has, top body binding, fingerboard binding with no headstock binding on standard models, rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays and chrome hardware.

Let me explain in Gibbo language:

H157 has the same features as the LP Custom;

the H150 has the same features as the LP Standard.

Was the 157 made in black and tan ? I've seen pics of 150's in that finish, including lefties, but never a 157.

Was that finish combination only available through Jay Wolfe ?

I saw one on eBay about the time the HOC got going. Actually, IIRC, it was listed, didn't sell and was re-listed at a lower price. I don't know if that was a Wolfe thing or not, though. Maybe we can get one of the guys down there to ask him.

Dallman that is a fine looking guitar.  I really like the finish, what is it called?

Nat, OSB = Old Style Sunburst. Very dark and just ........ uh .......... yummy!! I think that is the dictionary definition of OSB. Yeah, pretty sure.

I'd post a pic of "my", but since it's really Cosmik's now, I should probably let him post it.

Did someone ask for H-157 pics?

H-157 Choice Woods, Triple HRW's, Chestnut Burst. 8)

width=320 height=480http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7494/heritageh15711.jpg[/img]

width=320 height=480http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3521/heritageh1575.jpg[/img]

Custom re-fret/Bone nut/Plek/Set-up by Gary Brawer:

width=600 height=399http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2190/heritageh1577.jpg[/img]

Guit, every time I see this guitar I think to myself that it must be the prettiest LP/150/157 to come out of 225 Parsons..... ever. 

Did someone ask for H-157 pics?

Git - on yer bad motor scooter and ride - fiddler!

You're stiring up GAS pains with those shots!  Worst of all, that lighting reminds me of 1970s Penthouse shots.

It's not right; playing on all those emotions at once.  What are you getting for a set of 5x7s?  You know, for good old times sake... :o

Dallman that is a fine looking guitar.  I really like the finish, what is it called?
That is the Old Style Sunburst finish. The boys at Parsons St. did a

great job with this one. They always do.

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg_thumb

Goldtop, G-style hardware, Seth Lovers, and black pickguard:

John, that guitar is a beaut as well.  Between this and the Guit's 157 it would be hard to get one any finer.

Bird, Steiner, and Tully~  I'm flattered by your nice comments, but the beauty of that instrument is how it plays, feels and sounds.

The techs at Gary Brawer Guitar Repair were absolutely amazed at the fine workmanship of the boys at Parsons St.  They made it even better with a bone nut and new, medium jumbo frets. 

http://www.brawer.com/

JC~ Man, that is a fantastic, Bomanassa-looking 157 Goldtop!

Dallman~ That OSB finish looks good enough to eat!

Archived