Heritage Owners Club

New H-575 Custom on the way

thehikingdude

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and a soon-to-be first time owner of a Heritage H-575 Custom. I'd love to hear any thoughts or comments you might have on the following setup.

Antique Natural Finish - Body and Pick Guard

Multi Binding on head stock,neck, body and pick guard

Gold vol and tone knobs

Gold hardware

Split block Abalone Inlay

Ebony fret board

4 point HRW pickups

Ultra wood on front and back

F hole binding same as body

Due Date - 14 weeks

Am I missing anything?

Thanks, Jeff

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and a soon-to-be first time owner of a Heritage H-575 Custom. I'd love to hear any thoughts or comments you might have on the following setup.

Gold vol and tone knobs

Gold hardware

Ebony fret board

4 point HRW pickups

Due Date - 14 weeks

Am I missing anything?

Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff and Welcome to the HOC !

From your list it looks like you have it covered, there is also an option to have the truss rod cover personalised, if I ever did order a custom Heritage myself I would like to get that done.

If you really wanted to push the boat out you could go for a multi piece neck, they really do look the business.

Regards.

Hi Jeff and Welcome to the HOC !

From your list it looks like you have it covered, there is also an option to have the truss rod cover personalised, if I ever did order a custom Heritage myself I would like to get that done.

If you really wanted to push the boat out you could go for a multi piece neck, they really do look the business.

Regards.

I have considered the personalized truss rod cover and may change my mind on that. I suppose I could order a blank as well if I decide I prefer that.

Do you have any additional info to share about the multi-piece neck? Links and/or pics?

Thanks a bunch!

Multi piece necks are fitted as standard on most of the Eagle and Sweet 16 guitars

There are quite a few members with multi piece neck guitars, I'm sure one will post some pics.

There is an Eagle Classic on Ebay at the moment that has a five piece neck.

width=300 height=480http://garypenton.com/images/562_EagleFullBackOutside.jpg[/img]

width=370 height=480http://garypenton.com/images/576_EagleBackNeckOutside.jpg[/img]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heritage-Eagle-Classic...parms=72%3A1205

Hope this helps.

Hi Jeff,

It was a pleasure talking to your father today.  I hope he makes it to Kzoo this July.

Ron

Dude,

Sounds like a fantastic build. Two suggestions. For not a lot more $$ you could spec a tonepros locking bridge and thus keep your setup during most string changes. I assume floating bridge? If you decide to change the tuners, the Grovers with keystone keys would look (IMHO) mighty nice! My Millie is antique natural.

[/img]

155-2.jpg

155-2.jpg_thumb

155-1.jpg

155-1.jpg_thumb

Decided on a 5-piece maple neck and the Grover Imperial tuners. Staying with the default bridge. I understand the potential for too much bling. Thankfully I found the following photo which is pretty much what I ordered, less the abalone, so I'm very comfortable with it. Thanks for all the feedback! I will be sure to post pics once I have it in my hot little hands.

I've decided to leave off the Hanna Montana autographed holographic image.  :wink:

498210546_qdN2e-M.jpg

The pic above was pulled from the Heritage web site. Not sure who ended up with it, but it was the closest thing I could find to what I've ordered. Birds eye maple all over sure would be yummy. I will be sure to share pics of mine when it shows up. Waiting for the stork to deliver it.

The pic above was pulled from the Heritage web site. Not sure who ended up with it, but it was the closest thing I could find to what I've ordered. Birds eye maple all over sure would be yummy. I will be sure to share pics of mine when it shows up. Waiting for the stork to deliver it.

You should get them to quote it both ways...quilt and birdseye. I can't imagine birdseye would be that much more expensive and it sure as heck would be unique. I don't recall seeing any birdseye anything from Heritage.

Truth be told, my father is purchasing this guitar for me as a 45th bday present. The first guitar he bought for me was a Univox when I was 7yo for $80, I wish I still had it! After placing the initial order we kept learning of additional upgrades and kept going until we got where we are today. As of last night we both agreed that we are done with mods to the order. I love the idea of birds eye maple, but a promise is a promise. I don't know exactly what Heritage means by Ultra Wood, but that's what has been ordered. If anybody can fill me in I'd appreciate it. Specifically, does someone know if the example photo I posted utilize Ultra Wood?

Truth be told, my father is purchasing this guitar for me as a 45th bday present. The first guitar he bought for me was a Univox when I was 7yo for $80, I wish I still had it!

What a great gift. Tell your pops he gets karma up from the HOC!

I don't know exactly what Heritage means by Ultra Wood, but that's what has been ordered. If anybody can fill me in I'd appreciate it. Specifically, does someone know if the example photo I posted utilize Ultra Wood?

Nice father you have there.

It seems to me that 'ultra' wood could be just about anything.  If I were you I'd contact

Heritage and ask them about the different flavors of ultra they deal with then specify which

you'd prefer.  Or send them a picture of something similar.

Hello all,

Gold vol and tone knobs

Gold hardware

Ebony fret board

4 point HRW pickups

Due Date - 14 weeks

Am I missing anything?

Thanks, Jeff

Dude, can I seriously borrow your dad long enough to get a Super Eagle? I promise I will return him in the condition I borrowed him save for the cost of said Super Eagle.

Dude, can I seriously borrow your dad long enough to get a Super Eagle? I promise I will return him in the condition I borrowed him save for the cost of said Super Eagle.

Let's wait to see if my dad's ticker survives this purchase then I will consider.

Paul - Others: As for the wood, I do like that idea of asking what they have to choose from. Is that a question best handled through the local guitar shop or would I contact Heritage directly? If Heritage, anybody in particular?

It will probably be Ren Wall who responds, but you can send any question to:

heritageguitar@kalamazoo.net

And you may or may not receive an answer to your email.  Judging from experiences

that have been posted here I believe you have more of a change on the phone.  And

I think that would be a better way of discussing the various options since it could

avoid a lot of back and forth.

And you may or may not receive an answer to your email.  Judging from experiences

that have been posted here I believe you have more of a change on the phone.  And

I think that would be a better way of discussing the various options since it could

avoid a lot of back and forth.

I have actually gotten a response every time. So... it might be hit or miss.

Use this number and they should be able to direct your call where it needs to go.

269-385-5721

Archived