Heritage Owners Club

New H-575 Custom on the way

thehikingdude

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the entire thing is really f'd up and leaves both my Dad and I kinda stung by the whole incident. Heritage is well aware of the situation. Actually it was via Heritage that we found out the guitar was never ordered. A full refund has taken place. What happens next is totally up in the air. Who knows, I may change directions altogether since I've been eyeing the 150's.

Yeah, the entire thing is really f'd up and leaves both my Dad and I kinda stung by the whole incident. Heritage is well aware of the situation. Actually it was via Heritage that we found out the guitar was never ordered. A full refund has taken place. What happens next is totally up in the air. Who knows, I may change directions altogether since I've been eyeing the 150's.

Some of the best guitars out there are the ones that never made it to my house. It gives you time to change your mind!!!

Bummer!

Up the up side you get a second chance to determine your dream guitar and there is a good chance Heritage will bump you up in their production schedule. A lot of us are with you on this!

Sorry to hear about your problems with your dealer. That said, archtops are not solid bodies and this is 2009 not 1989. So, a big box dealer focusing on serving Guitar Hero weenies will be worse than useless. I'd go with one of the reputable Heritage dealers online. Since it's custom, you won't get to check out the instrument first anyways, and they generally offer a limited tryout period of a few days.

I've worked with Jeff Hale several times and he's always been honest to a fault, even when it's cost him money to convince me to abandon some idiocy. Here's the link: http://www.jhalemusic.com

Of course, Jay Wolfe of Wolfe's Guitars is probably the most famous Heritage dealer out there. http://www.wolfeguitars.com/

If you want to go the used route, you should check out http://www.archtop.com or http://www.elderly.com

Both of these guys get Heritages from time to time.

Hope you have better luck the 2'd time around.

Maybe we can get some HOC goons over to that dealer and go medieval on his @$$!

I've got the wire pliers.........

• 2 weeks later...

Hello gang,

I thought I should stop by and give all of you an update. After the fiasco with the H-575 and trying to work out other options it became obvious that it simply wasn't meant to be. Someday I may go for a Heritage, but not for the moment. Here's what I ended up with. Not sure if there are any Paul Reed Smith fans out there, but here you go. I'm still holding out for a H-150 someday, but that will have to wait for a bit.

541800150_L4jxc-O.jpg

541800312_xekAF-O.jpg

541886177_8xSYX-O.jpg

For those of you that are wondering, here's the write-up from the dealer:

This stunning beauty features a gorgeous one-piece blister quilt style curly maple top and back. This is a very rare type of figuring and it looks amazing with the double stained Dark Cherry Burst finish. Also features an Artist grade flame maple neck with matching Dark Cherry Burst finish, a brazilian rosewood fingerboard, agoya bird inlays with 14K gold outlines, and agoya Private Stock eagle on the headstock also with gold outlines. The electronics include McCarty pickups which matches up very well with the Hollowbody II, also includes the PRS/LR Baggs piezo pickup system which can be used in blended stereo or mono.

Private Stock. Very nice. Beautiful finish. Enjoy that guitar. Just beautiful.

Followed your story on this and another forum.

Definitely get a H150. You will enjoy it.

I like PRS guitars. Very playable. Addicted to my Heritage. Very toneful.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys! I'm loving it more than any guitar I've ever owned or played.

Hi Jeff....Ron from the other forum ...sorry to hear about your experience but keep looking for a Heritage..they are great guitars..I am on the hunt for a 575 right now myself.

Archived