Heritage Owners Club

New H-575 Custom on the way

thehikingdude

If you want a certain type of 'choice wood', it might help to send a note to your dealer.  Some orders have gotten a little lost at the Heritage factory according to some posters here. 

Be a specific as possible.

For example (and these are my words as a layman, not a wood expert):

AAA Flame Maple (wavy or uniform curl, not too visible from some angles...)

AAA Quilt Maple (wide, uneven curl with some tubular look, might not extend to the edges of the guitar...)

AAAA Flame Maple  (dramatic wavy curl, uniform or bbq grill curl, visible at most angles that extends to the edges...)

AAAA Quilt Maple  (large tubular quilt, ribbon quilt, mild quilt that extends out to the edge of the wood...)

Another factor is how the finish is applied and what color is selected.  Dark staining and color sanding between nitro finishing tends to bring our the vibrant figure of some woods. 

Check out Carvin's website for some examples of the various types of 'curl' or 'flame'.  It's a cool edumacation in wood selection and finishes.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/wood_finish/

And finally, keep after your dealer after your order has been placed so your guitar stays on the top of the wood pile.  8)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The man with the check book sent an email to the dealer requesting AAAA Quilted Maple.

Congratulations (again)!

Does anybody have any advice on how to pass the time while I wait for 14 weeks?  :)

Shop feePay, TGP, craigslist and Gbase (in that order) for a bargain on a used Heritage.  >:D

If you're asking seriously...woodshed.

14 weeks sounds just about right. I suggest reading something like "the guitar amp handbook" cause you might want to get a new amp. Your dealer will be extremely import to assure you get the exact 575 you are ordering. As Ren has told me, he sees them at the end of the line. 

14 weeks sounds just about right. I suggest reading something like "the guitar amp handbook" cause you might want to get a new amp. Your dealer will be extremely import to assure you get the exact 575 you are ordering. As Ren has told me, he sees them at the end of the line. 

My dad has been chatting up Ren quite a bit today and has dialed in the final configuration. He will be posting the final setup shortly. Ren told him they should have it done in about 10 weeks.

I purchased a modded Peavey Classic 30 from a full time guitar player about a month ago. He had moved into a smaller place and had 5 amps for sale. He wasn't really looking forward to seeing it go, but he was happy that it found a good home. The Celestion G12 Vintage 30 and Mesa tubes he recently installed really sound incredible. I'm loving the sound of it. I still like the idea of that book though, I've seen it but have yet to snatch it up.

Now I'm dreaming of a H-157.  >:D

Hi Everyone,

Well this is the guy with the checkbook.  In other words, the Hiking Dude's Dad!!  I talked to Rendal for a very long time today and the more we talked, we discovered that we are cousin's.  A big surprise to both of us.  We have a great deal in common with some of the same interests.  Now for the update on the 575 - we are not going to put Abalone in the ebony neck, it will be Mother of Pearl.  The tuners will be Gold Schaller's with Ebony Knobs.  As for the Binding, to match the natural wood color, the first wider stripe will be a light cream color, then white, black, white, black. We are not going with the AAAA Quilted Maple, it will be the Ultra Wood Maple.  Rendal thought that this would give the guitar the best sound and without being to flashy.  Hopefully, there will be no more changes, this is it. It will still have the multi five-piece neck.  It has taken a lot of research to get to this final setup.  I appreciate all the feedback we have received on this forum to help us come to this final decision.  We would not have been able to accomplish this without the help from all of you.

Thanks,

Fred  :)

We would not have been able to accomplish this without the help from all of you.

Spending other peoples' money is just one of the services the HOC provides. ;D

Seriously, Welcome to the Club Hiking Dude's Dad! It sounds like you and your son are going to have one helluva guitar and a fantastic family story to tell. Congrats!

What??  No whammy bar???   Tks, tsk!     >:D

I will be adding a Craigs List Special After-Market Floyd Rose Locking Bridge with Bigsby Trem that will require a significant amount of routing into the body using my Dad's dremel tool, bailing wire and duct tape. Hopefully it won't clash with the Roland GK-2 MIDI Pickup/DIN Connector.  :P

I will be adding a Craigs List Special After-Market Floyd Rose Locking Bridge with Bigsby Trem that will require a significant amount of routing into the body using my Dad's dremel tool, bailing wire and duct tape. Hopefully it won't clash with the Roland GK-2 MIDI Pickup/DIN Connector.  :P
:confused2::icon_cherry::angry5::evil7::violent5::nono::violent1::cussing::pain10:

I will be adding a Craigs List Special After-Market Floyd Rose Locking Bridge with Bigsby Trem that will require a significant amount of routing into the body using my Dad's dremel tool, bailing wire and duct tape. Hopefully it won't clash with the Roland GK-2 MIDI Pickup/DIN Connector.

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

Pics will be posted just as soon as we pick it up from the dealer. You can count on it!

I meant with all those modifications--duct tape & all!

Any suggestions for strings?

I have to recommend DR brand strings.  I have used them for years.  My favorites for electric are the "Pure Blues" 10s.  I like their Phosphor Bronze for the acoustic.  I don't know all of their sets but you can find them on their web site.

http://www.drstrings.com/

• 1 month later...

BAD NEWS!!!

I just learned this morning that the dealer NEVER placed the order with Heritage. We have no idea what he did with the 50% down payment. What we do know is that Heritage has no record of such an order thus the guitar hasn't even been started. No fault of Heritage of course. My father is currently on his way to the dealer to demand a refund.

That leaves no legitimate Heritage dealers in the Northwest. Not sure what I'm going to do now. The thrill is gone!

BAD NEWS!!!

I just learned this morning that the dealer NEVER placed the order with Heritage. We have no idea what he did with the 50% down payment. What we do know is that Heritage has no record of such an order thus the guitar hasn't even been started. No fault of Heritage of course. My father is currently on his way to the dealer to demand a refund.

That leaves no legitimate Heritage dealers in the Northwest. Not sure what I'm going to do now. The thrill is gone!

WTF?!!! Keep us posted. That is not cool. :wacko:

BAD NEWS!!!

Not good at all ! I hope you get it sorted

50% deposit seems very high.

Archived