Heritage Owners Club

H 357 Firebird

brentrocks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great news Brent !!!

Paul, dude!

i cant believe how close it is!!! i am so stoked!!!

what pickups will i put in it? i have the bridge and tailpiece already, thanks to you and Mikenov!

i just got off the phone w/ tood...we are meeting this after noon...todd scored a natural ash '62 tele!!!

hopefully will have pics of the tele and the 357 tonight!!

wish me luck!!!

i just got off the phone w/ tood...we are meeting this after noon...todd scored a natural ash '62 tele!!!

hopefully will have pics of the tele and the 357 tonight!!

wish me luck!!!

Bon chance, mon amis! If you get the 357, I think you should ship the jazzbox up to me just to, you know, keep the peace at home and all. Heh.

Too bad, if people don't react. Probably the guy is too crazy 'bout his tele.

Maybe interesting to mention that the German 357 on Ebay fetches good bids. It is heading for the 1000 dollars, whereas the other week I just missed a 140 with Kahler Spyder trem and EMGs that went for around 500 dollars.

Too bad, if people don't react. Probably the guy is too crazy 'bout his tele.

Maybe interesting to mention that the German 357 on Ebay fetches good bids. It is heading for the 1000 dollars, whereas the other week I just missed a 140 with Kahler Spyder trem and EMGs that went for around 500 dollars.

I guess that is cold comfort for Brent as he also keeps an eye on it.

it really pisses me off when people cant have the decentcy to return a phone call.

Sound like the kind of guy who sells weed. If he's holding he won't answer the phone............. or so I have heard.

I own a mint Natural one & will shoot some pics soon & post 'em in the Gallery.

I've sold a few, including a couple to bruce Bloethner- who has the largest owner collection of Heritage's I believe. I'll see if we can get Bruce to post here. He has photos with as many as 40 of his Heritages. I'm pretty sure he hold the individual owner record. Most of his are special one-off custom order Heritages.

Heritage's problem with this model is their settlement agreement with Gib. to not use the Firebird style headstock & the pickguard. They'd need to either use their standard 3 on a side headstock- which won't work visually............or design a new 6 on a side type. Although Bruce has broached this subject recently with me & Margol- I wouldn't hold my breath. Ya never know, as Margol can get it done if motivated & prodded. I'll shoot some pics of mine.

OK- Pics just posted in the owner's gallery- my Natural H357, 1989, mint, gold hardware, black original rectangular case, neck through body, 7.75 lbs. Kinda cool.

Jay Wolfe

Linking it in for the Jayster:

gallery_13_118_247005.jpg

Dayum.

That is nice! I'd be curious to know just how many Heritages Jay personally owns. I've got 3, only one of which might get collectors status some day. But that 357 ... should be a collectors piece right now!

When I was at Heritage today Ren was putting the finishing touches on one

of these guitars. I asked him about it and he said that was a special order

for one of their artists. Didn't ask who though. :rolleyes:

I've always thought that the Firebird/H-357 style guitars made for a very cool visual. I was jacked when I found a Naturalburst Firebird in a store and could try it out. I still dig the visual aspects, but after strapping it on I'm not sure I get what the fuss is all about. This particular specimen was really neck heavy and just felt weird. If you took your hand off the neck it dropped right to the floor. The tone was nice (mini's), but I couldn't get past the feel. It's the first and only one I've played. Maybe not typical?

I'm not trying to wreck your buzz Brent, but I'm curious, what draws you (and others if they'd care to comment) to the H-357?

Thanks for helping me "get it" :rolleyes:

Archived