Heritage Owners Club

H 357 Firebird

brentrocks

That is nice! I'd be curious to know just how many Heritages Jay personally owns. I've got 3, only one of which might get collectors status some day. But that 357 ... should be a collectors piece right now!

It's been a while (VERY long while), but I think I recall Jay telling me he was stashing the first year of issue of each Heritage model. Would make quite a museum, or at least website...know I'd go! Anyone else on HOC taking on a similar challenge?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been a while (VERY long while), but I think I recall Jay telling me he was stashing the first year of issue of each Heritage model. Would make quite a museum, or at least website...know I'd go! Anyone else on HOC taking on a similar challenge?

Well I have documented proof that this baby is the first production!

(IS everyone getting tired of hearing this yet :rolleyes: )

Precious.jpg

Well I have documented proof that this baby is the first production!

(IS everyone getting tired of hearing this yet ;) )

Precious.jpg

What guitar is that, John?

:rolleyes:

I'm not trying to wreck your buzz Brent, but I'm curious, what draws you (and others if they'd care to comment) to the H-357?

Thanks for helping me "get it" :rolleyes:

i guess its the rare nature and the thrill of the hunt....i have never owned a firebird before, but i would not buy a G......when Cosmik got his i was really turned on by it and wanted one from there on.

When I was at Heritage today Ren was putting the finishing touches on one

of these guitars. I asked him about it and he said that was a special order

for one of their artists. Didn't ask who though. :rolleyes:

it is for Frankie Ballard

...... what draws you (and others if they'd care to comment) to the H-357?

I had a reverse firebird when I was a kid. It had 3 soap bar p-90s and a whammy. I wouldn't mind getting another on like it.

i guess its the rare nature and the thrill of the hunt....i have never owned a firebird before, but i would not buy a G......when Cosmik got his i was really turned on by it and wanted one from there on.

Fair 'nuff. Good luck on your quest. Maybe you'll have it in time for the PSPII and I can check it out when I'm there.

Fair 'nuff. Good luck on your quest. Maybe you'll have it in time for the PSPII and I can check it out when I'm there.

that would be nice...lets hope it pans out!

I hope it pans out for you too.

Take your time. Often, the hunt is just as much fun as the acquisition. How many fun bumps have you had on TGP?

It's close. Can you taste it? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a recent Gibson Firebird (which I bought from a fellow HOC member recently). The guitar is balanced and a joy to play. I particularly like the body shape under the right forearm--I find it very comfortable. I'm sure other Firebirds have had their problems and I've heard lots of complaining about that; but when I picked up the one I have for the first time, I was surprised that most of what I'd heard did not seem correct. These are great guitars.

• 4 months later...

I think I've solved the mystery of why it is so hard to find H537's.

In the "Reader's Gallery" section of the latest Vintage Guitar (Jan 2010 --Jerry Garcia on the cover), there's a picture of the collection of C.J.Stanley of Illionis: seven H537's: two in white, sunburst, sonic blue, pelham blue, red, black. A couple have mini-buckers, so I'm guessing special orders.

Larry - just received my VG in the mail today. 'Course I'm next door to North Dakota where you're across country, but anyway...

That's a very cool pic of those 357s - very cool indeed. Haven't ever seen a pic of a Heritage collection in VG or mag for that matter, and to have so many rare models. Wow. That sunburst w/the minis or the sky blue - oh yeh.

So CJ of Illinois - we need him 'round here on the HOC as the resident 357Bird expert.

From the web stalking I could perform, he is just down the Rd in St Charles. I will be combing the streets looking in windows, searching out those beauties.

Or just show up to his next gig and watch the Heritage's whale!

YOU GO UP TO THE FRONT DOOR AND DISTRACT HIM....AND I WILL.......

He also has an add running in VG looking for more 357s. Brent, good thing he is not on the HOC or you might still be looking for yours.

no kidding...i was very lucky to find the one i have

out ot 30 or so made, this is where i KNOW where some of them are....

1. mine

2. Frankie Ballard = 1

3. Jay Wolfe = 1

4. Cosmik = 1

5. dude from VG = 5

6. other dude on HOC that has a red one = 1

7. bone head in Shelbyville, MI that refuses to sell it to me eventhough it has a headstock repair = 1

8. kid in LA, Heritage525 saw him play it at a club a few months ago = 1

9. guitar shop in Germany = 1

10. blue 357 sold on ebay a couple months ago...i should have bought it, i would have paid $400 less than the one i have = 1

who did i miss?

Archived