Heritage Owners Club

"Let me introduce you to my little friend."

Horace

This was delivered Friday from Wolfe Guitars. Jay was great to do business with and was very helpful and communicative throughout the process. He had good advice on the pickup selection ( Seths), gave an accurate estimate of the build and delivery times, and Graham did an excellent set up. But my deepest appreciation is for the folks at Heritage who built this beautiful musical instrument. It's flawless and is exactly what I asked for. I have played it all weekend and am on cloud 9. I was looking for a particular jazz tone and the neck pickup has it perfectly. The other tones I've found so far are also incredible. I am very fortunate.

Tal

post-990-1250532566_thumb.jpg

That is a real beauty--congrats!

But it looks like they forgot to install the inlays!

Dang, I knew there was SOMETHING not quite right ! ; )

Tal

Another work of art from the great folks at Heritage - absolutly, top notch, beautiful. Words don't describe. We are so lucky to be able to buy these wonderful instruments at a reasonable price. Someday the world will discover Heritage and we will be wishing for days gone by. Good job Tal. Would like to hear a clip if you get a chance sometime.

Thanks for all the compliments on the guitar. It feels better than it looks and it sounds better than it feels. I asked for a slimmer neck and really like the results. For color, I asked for translucent amber but as dark as possible and without introducing reddish hues. That's what they delivered and on the certificate they call it Dark Amber. Indeed it is.

Tal

That is drop-dead gorgeous, Tal. I mean, my goodness.

So how would you describe the neck on a standard 555? In between a 50s and 60s neck?

Sorry Scooter, I'm not enough of an expert on 555 necks, 50s necks, or 60s necks to say. It's noticeably thinner than my 1971 Gibson Dove,as I recall it's similar to my 64 SG Jr although it's been a while, and a bit thicker and more C shaped than the Rickenbacker 380L I had for 10 years up until last year. Not sure if that's helpful. In general I prefer thinner necks.

Regarding fretboard inlays; too many years of living too well has made my views of the fretboard while playing a pretty rare occurrence - only when I sneeze. The fret markers on the top binding work well enough for me.

Tal

New wood!

I've always enjoyed new wood!

That's a beautiful guitar! Congratulations!!!

Archived