Heritage Owners Club

November guitar of the month pics

fxdx99

I'm the 3rd HOC owner (what were those guys thinking!?!) of this fine 525 and the 4th owner overall. So it's been shown 'round here before, but I've not placed a pic of it so here ya go. Some comments on my experience with this...

• The lollars are everything that you'd expect and have read here. They growl, they bite, they hum more than 'buckers but not as bad as my strat. Warm and clean w/volume on 8 and drives the amp really well when boosted to 10.
  • It's light - very light. Being full hollow I suppose that's expected, but I'm still surprised each time I pick it up as it's by far the lightest guitar I own.
  • All positions are very pleasing. I'm a neck pickup kinda guy (except on a tele), but I use all 3 positions on this often. Neck very warm, in between has a delightful quack and the bridge is "warm bright" by not being too piercing and drives the amp really well.
  • A brighter voiced guitar than I expected, which is good. Thought it might be dark w/the 90s, but it's mid to treble voice is really nice and sits above the mix well.
  • Comfortable to play both in body width/depth and neck shape, which is more 50s thickness than 60s slim. Upper range of course is more limited than say a 535 given it's design, but it's sweet spots are from nut to 15th fret anyway so you seem to adjust your playing to that area.
  • A fun slide guitar - has a unique voice, especially on the thick walled glass slides.

heritagehoc001-1.jpg

heritagehoc003.jpg

heritagehoc002.jpg

Randy, you are starting to amass some very nice guitars in that stable of yours. We'll need a family photo, soon. Now, what would be really cool is to hear a clip of the 525 thru that very beautiful blue Gibby amp! And oh yeah, temporary insanity by the former owners .... worked out well for you! :D

Smile - made ya burn one of your '10' :D

I used the 525/purple gibby a couple weeks ago at a bar set. Just a trio with a harmonica player and my bud also playing electric (GL thru a BFPR). He did record that, called me up the next day and says 'Man, your sound was amazing - sounded like you were playing thru a Marshall'. I'll see if I can get a cut of that.

Archived