Heritage Owners Club

H 137 DCD...(double cut deluxe)...THE INTRODUCTION

brentrocks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice variety of tones there. The dirty cut was just .....wow! it jumps out of the speaker.

Thanks Fred!

the Fraulin pups are really nice, its great not having that 60 cycle hummm. I could have gotten them underwound, overwound or standard.....i got the standards, but i almost got the overwounds and im SSSOOOO GLAD I DIDNT!!!!!

that neck pickup is friggin fantastic!!!!! ONE FAT MOTHER!!!

Nice voicing. Very clear and articulate, single coil-ish (well, they are, aren't they).

Hey, JP must be back in Michigan, eh?

actually, there is 1 lil single coils on either side of the pole pieces, i should have taken a pic of one of them. i guess that is how they are humm canceling?

I'm thinking they had JP sign a few before he left for Bama? I havent seen him since summer.

Now there's an axe that can really chop wood. Nothin' like lookin' good while rockin' the joint! Congrats on a unique instrument.

Wow Brent, a real stunner. Congrats on that.

Can you explain the differences between the H137 body compared to a H150 or an H170?

If I remember correctly (and I'm not saying that I do) I thought the H170 bodies were a little thinner than the H150 but I have no idea/reference compared to the H137.

From the pictures it looks as though the 137 has a flat top rather than a carved/arch top, but it could just be the fantastic finish and the lighting.

Does it come down to playability and weight?

Is the H137 body designed specifically for P90 style pickups?

Thanks and congrats again.

conorb

Wow Brent, a real stunner. Congrats on that.

Can you explain the differences between the H137 body compared to a H150 or an H170?

conorb

Thanks man!!!

It is a lil confusing, because this guitar is a new generation of the 137....it is the same as the original 137s (flat top), but added is the curly maple top (veneer) and the body binding.

Heritage took a single cut 137 Deluxe to NAMM....this guitar was sitting in Vince's office when we sat down to spec my H 137. I saw it and asked if that could be done in a DC? Marv joined the conversation and said, "Sure we can!" So what was going to be a H 137 DC TV yellow, became this......

IMG_3193.jpg

In the same boat as Tully. Not sure how I came so late. That is one stunning guitar, Brent. And quite the fast turn around, too. Got to admit, I'm jealous! That wine burst is pretty darned awesome!

In the same boat as Tully. Not sure how I came so late. That is one stunning guitar, Brent. And quite the fast turn around, too. Got to admit, I'm jealous! That wine burst is pretty darned awesome!

I almost went with vintage burst, im so glad i changed my mind.....i love this wine burst

That is a beautiful burst. I wonder how it will age. Regardless, very cool! :D Out of curiosity, you say the top is maple veneer; how thick?

Thank you very much :D

its like 1/8 of an inch?

its like 1/8 of an inch?

Interesting. The early Hamer Sunburst was a mahogany slab with a thin veneer on top. They're up there with the four-digit Hamer Standards (well, close anyway) in desirability. I wonder if this model will take off for Heritage. That'd be way cool. Would they do a wrap-tail bridge, do you think?

Archived