Heritage Owners Club

H 150 Deluxe Limited

brentrocks

After talking to the owner of this H 150 DLX, i had a good feeling about it, and decided to give it a whirl. It arrived today and when i opened the case i thought spiders and bugs were gonna jump out at me....it was DIRTY

After i sifted through the dust, i found the diamond!

I know you are gonna say im full of S***, but it is a 1 PIECE TOP...1 piece back, Almond Burst, 59s, schaller hardware, grovers, multi-ply binding (a la 157), matching/bound headstock and a belly cut for my big fat belly.

It took me forever to get it clean. I had to steel wool the tarnish off the frets, polish the hardware and pup covers, all were tarnished. There was no buckle rash or major dents on the top....just pick swirling, no fret wear.

It had black speed knobs on, cant stand those, so i put some gold reflectors on it, i think they add a nice touch. Its about 9.5 lbs and is # 195 of 500...1999

The flame is really deep...these pics are taken WITHOUT FLASH!

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

Wow, you DAWG! THat is killer, and really is a diamond! Keep it around long enuf to be seen at PSPIII! Of course, you know how I feel about those Schaller tailpieces/bridges, but that is minor (and easily remidied, like the pots)...

nice score!

Great catch!! Now get some amber bell knobs and an amber switch tip and she will look PERFECT!!!

Just my opinion, but I have never been a fan of reflector knobs, But it is YOUR guitar!!!

Beauty Brent!!!!

Wow...that is an incredible top...beautiful......to bad you had to clean away the crud to find it :D .....but it looks like it was worth the elbow grease!!!!.......Congratulations Brent on another winner.

On the picture of the back of the headstock there's a line going across and up towards the low E machine head. Was there a headstock repair?

there is a nitro crack below the low E tuner, not really sure how it happened...probably got "tunked" on something. ill keep an eye on it to see if it moves, but i doubt its anything to worry about. The guitar is so clean, but there are a couple small rub spots on the tips of the headstock, which sometime indicates that it slid off or fell on something. the headstock/neck joint area is clean and the body/neck joint area is clean too.

That one is SWEET....

A Deluxe with a Killer Top.... and a one piece .

That was a great grab.... More pics of this one would be cool.... Congrats on the find, Brent..!!!!!!

thanks fellas!

i will try to work on a clip tonight.

there is a nitro crack below the low E tuner, not really sure how it happened...probably got "tunked" on something. ill keep an eye on it to see if it moves, but i doubt its anything to worry about.

i rubbed in a crack a LITTLE nitro so it "glued" the finish together by itself.

that worked!

also you can take a little thinned nitro laquer for.

just polish the finish a bit afterwards - nearly nothing to see then.

maybe it was the screw tightened too hard???

but i don't see nitrocrackles as an issue.

-klaus

That's beautiful Brent! I had one of those Deluxe 1999 series that I bought new and sold several years ago. Never should have let it go. It was Antique Natural with flame as wide as your thumb, gold hardware, etc. Mine was # 192. Let me know when you want to sell that one!

That's beautiful Brent! I had one of those Deluxe 1999 series that I bought new and sold several years ago. Never should have let it go. It was Antique Natural with flame as wide as your thumb, gold hardware, etc. Mine was # 192. Let me know when you want to sell that one!

thanks Scott...i had # 165 (?) for a while and it was a VSB, monster top....should have kept it too

thanks Scott...i had # 165 (?) for a while and it was a VSB, monster top....should have kept it too

If you had kept all the guitars you "should have kept" you would have more than GuitarDenter!

Very nice looking top on that one. Like the belly cut too, for those of us with the proper girth to go with it.

Don't you just hate it when they put such an ugly piece of wood on a guitar? Just kidding of course. I am amazed at some of the beautiful Heritage guitars that you all own. Why would anyone want anything else? Your guitar rocks!

@Brent,

Thanks for the clips. You rock. Sounding good.

The clean has some nice chime and warmth going on. The "Dirty".... well it is!!! Is that the Rivera? good and nasty growl.

Do you ever play along with backing tracks? Would be cool to hear you wailing over some. I find some cool ones here clicky

Every "new Heritage" post on the HOC should have pics and clips attached.

Great looking guitar btw. (Goes with out saying)

Archived