Heritage Owners Club

1987 H 120 REVIVED!

brentrocks

Kinda time-ironic just after Easter Sundy, the ressurection of Christ....i give you the ressurection of the 1987 H 120....

These final steps all took place starting last night....

Took off masking tape

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

Positioned the HRWs, installed pots and ran toggle wire

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

Began wiring

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4000.jpg

Attached neck, installed bridge and tailpiece, installed backplates

IMG_4001.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

All setup with new 10s and paying great!!!!

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

THEN...was the test, I actually tested it before i put the neck on....i plugged it in...CRACKLE< HISSS< CRACKLE< HISSS!!!!....i accident swapped the hot and the ground on the input jack...rookie mistake!

Its not perfect by any means...but it was a rookie attempt and it plays and sounds fabulous!!! The HRWs are a great match in the solid maple body.

CLIPS!!!!

CLEAN.... http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_3731125

DIRTY.... http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_3731127

Kinda time-ironic just after Easter Sundy, the ressurection of Christ....i give you the ressurection of the 1987 H 120....

These final steps all took place starting last night....

Took off masking tape

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

Positioned the HRWs, installed pots and ran toggle wire

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

Began wiring

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4000.jpg

Looks Killa!!! Congrat's on all the hard work!!!

... I give you credit..that is a real accomplishment to be proud of!

big + on that.

how do you like ReverbNation? i was thinkin' of using that, seek expert opinion :thumbsup:

big + on that.

how do you like ReverbNation? i was thinkin' of using that, seek expert opinion B)

i like Reverbnation...i had to upgrade to a paid subscription to be able to upload bigger files ($20/yr)

thanks for all the compliments guys...it was a long road, but it has certainly paid off.....it will be available at PSP III for your viewing/playing pleasure B):D

Wow , look at the difference in the control cavity... it's worlds better now....

i bought those NOS Russian PIO caps a while back and was waiting for the right time to use them...they are .047 as opposed to the standard .022. i think they give the guitar a very full/warm tone.

my wiring could have been a little neater...it was my first time, but it was surprisingly easy (the soldering part)

Well done project, Brent! The guitar really looks nice; it has that tasteful street rod appearance! I currently have my Tele in about 1,000,000 pieces (yeah, I know, Tele's have 7 pieces). Waiting on a special wind Tom Short set of Tele p'ups. And damned if I can decide on a finish color. I've taken the astonishingly thick coat of poly off, and I have a nice piece of wood! I want just to stain it, but can't decide on a color.... If the Tele turns out half as well as the 120, I'll be happy. Good job!

Archived