Heritage Owners Club

Custom Heritage Has Arrived!

blueox

About 3:00p.m. last Thursday, I got the call from the dealer that the word from Heritage was that my guitar order was done. It did not take as long as I expected. Unfortunately, I had to head out the next morning for a four-day trip to Ohio to see my son graduate and wouldn't get back until late Monday. Talk about anticipation! So, this morning I went about 16 miles south and picked up my custom Heritage at Aaron's Music (Aaron, the guy that used to work for Gibson, tap-tunes for Heritage, and so on). It is all that I wanted with not a flaw to be found, presenting great playability, appearance, and gobs of tone. (Yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir.) Here is my custom Heritage H-110:

post-1274-1273019825_thumb.jpg

Here's another view:

post-1274-1273020561_thumb.jpg

beyond sweeet!

congrats. I like the 110 style more and more!

Wow , that came out GREAT..!!!

Killer finish and top... those just pop. Classy combination there.

And a 110 with a single f -hole, that has to be a blast to play.

Since a 110 is usually semi solid , did they have to do it differently to add the f- hole?

Pickups ..... ? I am going to guess Seth Lovers?

A Beauty that shows off what they can do with a custom at Parsons St.... Congrats and Happy New Guitar Day...!!!!! ;)

I'm sure that everyone would appreciate even more pics...( you must put this in the gallery ) and more details..... :D

Dude, you hit a home run there!

We need a tone report from the first HOC member to get a 110!!!!!!

Ah yes! A beautiful lady any man could love! Congratulations!

I'd really enjoy hearing more about the finite qualities.

Wow , that came out GREAT..!!!

Killer finish and top... those just pop. Classy combination there.

And a 110 with a single f -hole, that has to be a blast to play.

Since a 110 is usually semi solid , did they have to do it differently to add the f- hole?

Pickups ..... ? I am going to guess Seth Lovers?

A Beauty that shows off what they can do with a custom at Parsons St.... Congrats and Happy New Guitar Day...!!!!! ;)

I'm sure that everyone would appreciate even more pics...( you must put this in the gallery ) and more details..... :D

YEAH... EXACTLY WHAT THE ZEPP SAID

When Heritage brought out the H-110 early in 2009, right away I was attracted to its unique body shape. There were a couple available from online dealers, but my preferences dictated a pickguard, so I was "forced" to go the custom route. So, along with the pickguard, here are some other details:

Finish: Natural;

Controls: One tone, one volume, pickup selector switch, coil-tap switch;

Pickups: Seth Lover;

Body: Chambered version with f-hole cut and extra underside carving of top to enlarge final cavity;

Before buying my H-150 last year, I had tried out an H-535 with Seth Lovers at Elderly Instruments and came away very impressed. The H-150 won out at the time because I was also very imrpessed with the HRWs, and I did not have an LP style guitar at the time. Because of their scarcity, I had not tried out an H-110, so ordering a custom version was met with some trepidation. However, plugging in, this guitar has a sound that is different from everything else I own and surpasses all expectations. While not like a set of true single-coils, the coil-tap really adds a subtle flavoring to the mix. I wish I had the sound-speak of some of you guys as you compare pickups, tone, and so on. Perhaps as time goes on I will be able to define it better. For now, this guitar just has that full-bodied, flowing, soulful tone that one doesn't know exists until it hits you in the ears. You know what I'm talking about. From putting my ideas on a piece of paper to a finished instrument, Heritage has once again made dreams come true.

post-1274-1273061888_thumb.jpg

From putting my ideas on a piece of paper to a finished instrument, Heritage has once again made dreams come true.

post-1274-1273061888_thumb.jpg

An uber custom! Beautifully done, blueox! You'll never get tired of staring at it! My custom Super is never in the case, except to travel....

Just wanted to add my "oh wow!" to the crowd. That is one stunning guitar. We don't see many of those out and about. Chris (??) brought his to the PSP last year. So ... will this one be there this year? ;)

We need to do a "Custom Ordered" only thread just to show off these beauties!

Finish: Natural;

Controls: One tone, one volume, pickup selector switch, coil-tap switch;

Pickups: Seth Lover;

Body: Chambered version with f-hole cut and extra underside carving of top to enlarge final cavity;

The larger carved cavity was a very cool idea.. I bet that this guitar has a sweet "presence" to the sound. More lively perhaps.

And the weight should be nice ...

Also I love the coil tap idea.

Well Done.

Yup, ditto to what everyone else has stated. Great design, Ox, nice attention to detail with the f-hole, finish, pickguard - wonderful look to it. Congratulations!

I've really been eying the H110 as well. You obviously took it the extra mile with the custom additions. What was the deciding factor to go with the f-hole. More of a lightweight approach or did the sound differences make it necessary for you?

Really nice, really well done - Congrats!

conorb

Archived