Heritage Owners Club

Heritage headstock

Guest mgoetting

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we're letting off steam or waxing philosophical much of the time.

I thought we were supposed to wax with Virtuoso. Now I gotta find a bottle of that "philosophical" stuff too?

That's it! I'm going back to Lemon Pledge!

I was sitting in my office today, thinking about last night's sail (we won, even though the crew of the other boat swore up and down we weren't racing...losers!) and I started thinking about things on a molecular, and then sub-molecular level. Specifically, the question occurred to me, "At the sub-atomic level, where the spaces between particles are as vast as the spaces between planets, where do I stop and space or 'other matter' begin?" I decided that to make a distinction between 'me' and 'other' was pointless at that level. Then I started thinking about the concept of space-time; time and space can be treated as the same in the abstract. And, well, if there is no 'me,' just space and space is time, then I guess I am time, too. Crazy, right? It gets more weird.

So, I visit my friendly neighborhood HOC, where I see that YAHS (Yet Another Headstock Thread) is still raging, unabated. And, here's the funny thing, I recall my initial post in this particular thread which started, "Is it that time again already?"

Get it?

Can this forum be used to discuss more important issues than headstocks. What defines a great guitar is sound, tone, sustain, open string vibration, note separation. Can we leave out comments about what you had for dinner, grappa etc. Who cares. Talk about things you can change: quality control, hardware (ie tone pro), bone nuts,new colors, all wood 535s. To be critical of a maker's headstock--it's his or their signature--is disrespectful. See anyone critical of Heritage tone, sustain, playability, necks. One of the most attractive guitars on the planet--a Sweet 16--especially the headstock and fretboard, the proportions of the entire instrument. Don't like the headstock, go buy a Gibson. You won't ever afford good wine and grappa again.

When where you elected forum censor? If the thread bugs you I recommend you abstain from reading it, or start a more interesting one yourself.

Guest tomdread

world cup soccer is on for the next month. Couldnt give a rats arse what the headstock looks like until thats over. Not so worried about tone either. Pretty certain the drama unfolding on the field in any given match will eclipse all the minuscule increments of obtainable tone from a nut change, capacitor swap or string brand change.

world cup soccer is on for the next month. Couldnt give a rats arse what the headstock looks like until thats over. Not so worried about tone either. Pretty certain the drama unfolding on the field in any given match will eclipse all the minuscule increments of obtainable tone from a nut change, capacitor swap or string brand change.

We got robbed today. Should've been a 3 to 2 victory for the USA against the Slov's. Bad officiating!! I think that ref needs a new set of head stocks . . . . I mean glasses :thumbsup:

Discussing the Heritage headstock is way more interesting than watching soccer! :thumbsup:

The trick, jazzpunk, is to watch soccer while you're playing a Hearitage guitar. It'll give you a whole different perspective of the game . . . gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!!!!!!!!!

The trick, jazzpunk, is to watch soccer while you're playing a Hearitage guitar. It'll give you a whole different perspective of the game . . . gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!!!!!!!!!

I like playing my Heritage guitars while watching old 'Baywatch' reruns with the sound off. See if that don't improve your picking speed! :thumbsup:

I like playing my Heritage guitars while watching old 'Baywatch' reruns with the sound off. See if that don't improve your picking speed! :thumbsup:

I would like to try that. But, I'm concerned that after about 20 minutes into the show, the guitar would no longer fit on my "lap". Also, I would be concerned about damaging the back of the guitar. Sometimes "wood" on wood isn't such a good thing. ;)

Guest mgoetting
We got robbed today. Should've been a 3 to 2 victory for the USA against the Slov's. Bad officiating!! I think that ref needs a new set of head stocks . . . . I mean glasses :thumbsup:

LMAO!

Archived