Heritage Owners Club

The Heritage Guitar gods were shining down on me tonight

brentrocks

In the continuing saga of the mysterious HFT 450, i got a call from Ren the other day. He thought he had seen that flat top before so he made a call to an old friend/former Heritage employee in FLA. Come to find out, after i called the gentleman myself to confirm, that he did indeed build that HFT 450 while he was working at Heritage in the 80s. Wess Wykstra was the man who built this fine Heritage flat top....and we had a really nice talk this evening. He really didint want to leave Heritage but he was diagnosed with Parkensens and decided to retire and sell the HFT 450. He was telling me about the Gibson days at 225, talked about Heritage days at 225......really nice fella! He confirmed that he did indeed build that guitar and that the serial was different because he used his birthday to personalize the guitar...so that solves that mystery!

I was already in kzoo, so i stopped down to 225 on the way home for some pics....

I'm so glad to have it back now that i know its a legit Heritage.

DSCN0683.jpg

DSCN0691.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

SWEET!!!!

I (honestly) was going to tell you that this Acoustic looked the real-deal!!!!

Better yet another 'one-off' with some cool history!!!!!!!!

It's Back !!!

That is a happy ending for sure... so we will get to see (play) this Heritage acoustic at PSP III , after all....

You're ok that everything really checks out this time...? That is very cool , we all loved it and were shocked by the drama that unfolded.

.............. and I STILL want to wrap my finger around that thing when we get to PSP!

I'm glad it all worked out for you. Maybe you should get Wess to send a letter with a bit of the history. It might come in handy some day when someone mentions the serial number etc.

.............. and I STILL want to wrap my finger around that thing when we get to PSP!

I'm glad it all worked out for you. Maybe you should get Wess to send a letter with a bit of the history. It might come in handy some day when someone mentions the serial number etc.

you are welcome to play it my friend!!!

funny you should mention that...Wess said he would draft a letter for me if i got it back.

Do we have to get in line again with dibs? You did get rid of it and just because you now own it again (what are the odds...) does it revert back to the previous list or start anew?

Dibs!

Cool story and nice guitar (who's the handsome devil holding it?). I've been curious about heritage flat tops bet they are sweet. What wood is the top made of, looks dark.

In the continuing saga of the mysterious HFT 450, i got a call from Ren the other day. He thought he had seen that flat top before so he made a call to an old friend/former Heritage employee in FLA. Come to find out, after i called the gentleman myself to confirm, that he did indeed build that HFT 450 while he was working at Heritage in the 80s. Wess Wykstra was the man who built this fine Heritage flat top....and we had a really nice talk this evening. He really didint want to leave Heritage but he was diagnosed with Parkensens and decided to retire and sell the HFT 450. He was telling me about the Gibson days at 225, talked about Heritage days at 225......really nice fella! He confirmed that he did indeed build that guitar and that the serial was different because he used his birthday to personalize the guitar...so that solves that mystery!

I was already in kzoo, so i stopped down to 225 on the way home for some pics....

I'm so glad to have it back now that i know its a legit Heritage.

DSCN0683.jpg

DSCN0691.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

Brent that is GREAT NEWS!! Congratulations!!

Hey Brent . . . I'm glad things worked out for you. You now have a great guitar and a great story behind it. The 3rd picture . . . the one with you holding the guitar in your left hand with a real big smile tells it all. Great smile, beautiful guitar, nice shirt, but . . . . the shorts. What were you thinking????? If you're ever gonna travel in to NYC, if you intend to wear those shorts . . . . make sure you bring the new pistola with you :thumbsup:

Archived