Heritage Owners Club

575 on the way!

kbp810

First of all I want to start by saying "why does it take so long for guitars to arrive?" I mean, I made the purchase this morning and it's not even here yet! What gives? Okay, so maybe today's not a "business" day and shipping companies aren't "open" on Sundays, and so on and so on - but still, how can they expect me to be able to wait like this!?!

Okay so on to the real story... I've been in desperate need of another Heritage but we're currently in strict savings mode (aka guitar buying embargo for me) as we are looking to move sometime later this year to get a little closer to work.... but still been keeping an eye out just the same.

Yesterday I happened to go to Guitar Centers used website and found something odd... they had a H150 with an attractive price of $999, but the picture next to it was a 575? I decided to call them to clarify - the rep I spoke with started to describe what was in fact an H150; but eventually curiosity got the better of me and interrupted him to ask about the picture... turns out, they also did in fact have the 575 from the picture as well (and at the same price)!

They never seem to take the best pictures for their website - but it looks like a beautiful guitar, and exactly the look I like... natural finish, flamed top, matching pick guard, gold hardware, and the rep said it's in excellent condition.

...well, as much as I wanted it I was trying to still behave (the whole savings thing), that was until fate landed me in the home of Steiner.... I ordered a couple more silent tip cables for my friends/band mates - and just had to try them out one of his absolutely amazing 575's (just to make sure that the cables worked of course :D )

Well that did it, scale had been tipped and couldn't wait any longer - I bought it this morning and it should ship tomorrow. Now of course I'm a little worried about what shape and condition it might actually be in... but at least in absolute worst case scenario GC does have a rather liberal return policy.

I think if you do a search on Heritage you can still see it up in the listing (as an H150) - meanwhile, anyone near the Cherry Hill, NJ GC seen or played this one?

First of all I want to start by saying "why does it take so long for guitars to arrive?" I mean, I made the purchase this morning and it's not even here yet! What gives? Okay, so maybe today's not a "business" day and shipping companies aren't "open" on Sundays, and so on and so on - but still, how can they expect me to be able to wait like this!?!

Okay so on to the real story... I've been in desperate need of another Heritage but we're currently in strict savings mode (aka guitar buying embargo for me) as we are looking to move sometime later this year to get a little closer to work.... but still been keeping an eye out just the same.

Yesterday I happened to go to Guitar Centers used website and found something odd... they had a H150 with an attractive price of $999, but the picture next to it was a 575? I decided to call them to clarify - the rep I spoke with started to describe what was in fact an H150; but eventually curiosity got the better of me and interrupted him to ask about the picture... turns out, they also did in fact have the 575 from the picture as well (and at the same price)!

They never seem to take the best pictures for their website - but it looks like a beautiful guitar, and exactly the look I like... natural finish, flamed top, matching pick guard, gold hardware, and the rep said it's in excellent condition

...well, as much as I wanted it I was trying to still behave (the whole savings thing), that was until fate landed me in the home of Steiner.... I ordered a couple more silent tip cables for my friends/band mates - and just had to try them out one of his absolutely amazing 575's (just to make sure that the cables worked of course :D )

Well that did it, scale had been tipped and couldn't wait any longer - I bought it this morning and it should ship tomorrow. Now of course I'm a little worried about what shape and condition it might actually be in... but at least in absolute worst case scenario GC does have a rather liberal return policy.

I think if you do a search on Heritage you can still see it up in the listing (as an H150) - meanwhile, anyone near the Cherry Hill, NJ GC seen or played this one?

I wish you called me before you pulled the trigger. Tomorrow, I will be 10 minutes from Cherry Hill NJ. If it's not too late, call them and ask them to hold off on shipping it. I can be there by noon tomorrow.

Guest mgoetting
I wish you called me before you pulled the trigger. Tomorrow, I will be 10 minutes from Cherry Hill NJ. If it's not too late, call them and ask them to hold off on shipping it. I can be there by noon tomorrow.

He can't even wait 12 hours. You're late already, Patrick.

He can't even wait 12 hours. You're late already, Patrick.

Well, that first part was mainly just said in jest :D

If I had thought about it before hand it would have been a good idea to have posted that question before I pulled the trigger... but I must admit between the price, how I came across it, and having the blessing to buy from my wife I felt a bit of a sense of urgency to react.

Patrick, I'm going to give them a call right when they open this morning and see if they can still hold it back for a bit - I'll send you a PM letting you know how it turns out.

Thats a purty H150 you got there! :) Did you see the Keeny Gurrel avail in Cali, too.

Yep! That "Keeny Gurrel" is one sweet looking guitar too! :D

I wonder if they have ever considered hiring a QA person to oversee their used guitar listings?

post-1459-1279546165_thumb.png

Yep, that is the one

That's my guitar! Hey, gimme that axe back! :D (Seriously, take a look at my "avatar" picture.) My 575 is a natural guitar, with exactly the same "earlier" tailpiece with gold hardware! Mine is from 1991 and I love it! And I think you'll like yours - it certainly looks to be all original and clean, but photos of this size are not always reliable. Best of luck with your GC purchase!

This one?

post-220-1279544010_thumb.jpg

Oh My .. that promises to be a sweet grab.. the pics look awesome.

It's very cool how you found it... it was meant to be.

I can't believe that if that was hanging in a store at that price , someone had not figured out what a great deal that is.

I can't believe that if that was hanging in a store at that price , someone had not figured out what a great deal that is.

Feel sorry for the person that sold it.

Might not have received what it was worth.

kbp810; I went to the Cherry Hill store today. Got there at about 1:00PM. Spoke with Steve in the guitar dept. Your guitar was already packaged and ready to ship out the door, so naturally, I couldn't get a peak at it.

kbp810; I went to the Cherry Hill store today. Got there at about 1:00PM. Spoke with Steve in the guitar dept. Your guitar was already packaged and ready to ship out the door, so naturally, I couldn't get a peak at it.

Thanks for checking Patrick, I really appreciate your doing that for me - if your coming to PSP I'll have a cold Kalamazoo brew with your name on it (hope you like Two-Hearted!)

Feel sorry for the person that sold it.

Might not have received what it was worth.

I had that same thought... and historically GC doesn't quite typically give what most would consider to be a fair trade in value (of course I realize they are in fact a for-profit business).

Either way, it's on it's way to a good home now - I'll get some pics up along with a full report once it arrives.

It's here! ...and oh my is she a looker, by far the best looking guitar I've ever owned! The flame figure is awesome and pictures here just do not do it justice.

Action feels great; low, smooth, and even with little to no fret noise - the body itself is practically mint!

Only notable flaws I've noticed so far is some of the gold plating is coming off the pup covers (nothing too surprising there, it happens); pickguard seems a little loose, I tightened up the top screw but still has a little wiggle to it around the bridge pup ring(should be a simple fix though);

The pups appear to be Schallers (based on the two screws at each end) but one of the screws is standing a bit proud of the others and seemed to be sort of stuck there at the moment - the tone selector switch seems to have a dab of "touch up paint" on it for reasons unknown (almost thought might be covering up an "HRW dot"... but the spot of paint is off center).

It's currently strung with 12 flat wounds, it has a really cool woody/earthy tone but seems a little muted sounding - I plan on changing them to round before too long, but thought might as well play around with flats for a bit first. I'll also confirm the pups when I go to change the strings as well.

One last funny story on this one... I was following along with the T.O.M. vs Wooden Bridge thread as that's been something on the back of my mind - I'm keeping this one as is, but when I opened the compartment inside the case what did I find... a gold T.O.M. bridge :D

Also on the inside is the Heritage warranty card and a receipt showing that the guitar was purchased from a shop in NY back in 1998 for $1786.10

Well, I was nervous all to way up until the moment when the I opened the case but now I stand firm that I am one lucky son of a gun to have snagged this one - especially considering the price I got it for.

Well enough talk:

871e34b8.jpg

d7eec3f2.jpg

4e51ec4f.jpg

e35671ed.jpg

e6492d52.jpg

849e2f7a.jpg

417cdab4.jpg

WOW!!!...that is a great looking 575...congratulations on a nice find..(and at a really nice price!!)...I know you will love it ....mine plays and sounds spectacular!!!....nice pictures

Archived