Heritage Owners Club

LETS HEAR THESE GUITARS FOR A CHANGE!

the jayce

I see alot of posts hear with people showing of how awsome the grain and finish is and thats good and all, but It would be nice to see all these folks on the hoc posting a link to see and hear the guitar in action. Maybe start a section on the hoc for that very reason ( video and audio section ) or something along those lines.

Lets see all these fancy guitars in action is all im saying, It's great to have a beautifull heritage to show off and look at but I for one am a player and I'm more intrested in how they sound and play. How cool would it be to have a section where we could not just type about our new guitar and show a picture of it , but actually hear it and see the person playing it and listning to them talk about how it plays instead of reading it all the time. Any body with me on this idea!!!!! I know theres some stuff here and there on youtube --but I mean specifically for this site and it's members

and visitors.

Just a suggestion, but I for one think that would be awsome and a great way for us and any future heritage obsessionarys who stumble across this web site to not just read why we all love these guitars so much but see and hear em in action.... Like the ole saying goes 'seeing is believing' and talk is cheap When I see a members new bad a-sed heritage I dont just want to read about it ,I want to see and hear it being put to the test. Thoughts and suggestions on this topic please.

.... and voted worst of these clips is........

Last February I recorded this at a buddy's place. He plays acoustic guitar like a horse runs. He said, "let's play Get Back by the Beatles." He tore out on the acoustic like a, well, like a horse runs. Me and Jimmyman, who was playing bass - Rick4001 - started pulling the song towards the Airplane. For the life of us we couldn't make it sound like Get Back. Ken was on a digital drum set he found on the side of the road. We have both worked on it to make it usable. I was playing the Chestnut Burst 535 through a Fender Champ 12. We played at a very low volume.

Jefferson Airplane does Get Back.

Ah, there are links here all the time.

I have embarrassed myself at least 6 times in the last two months.

Here is the link if you are easily amused.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=933379

Nothing amusing at all, thats some great playing kuz! Thank you for sharing it, so much nicer to get to hear some music coming from the guitars. Once again, fantastic sound and playing!

Yup lots of these posts going on!

Here is my most recent. It is brief as its intent was to test the amp's tone but there is solid Heritage content!

..and did the OP start a thread on posting vids and didn't post a vid. :o Isn't there a party foul for that. ;)

Yea I was pretty bad I didnt post a vid along with my speech (lol) but I do have a lagitimate reason, I have a nice vox amp but I need a new power cord so I have no amplication. When I get her up and running I will defenitaly post some vid of the 157 in action, should be some great comic relief for every one ;)

By the way , some awsome jazz licks going on there mark!

Yea I was pretty bad I didnt post a vid along with my speech (lol) but I do have a lagitimate reason, I have a nice vox amp but I need a new power cord so I have no amplication. When I get her up and running I will defenitaly post some vid of the 157 in action, should be some great comic relief for every one :o

( Revision!) Sorry I meant Barry not mark ;)

Yea I was pretty bad I didnt post a vid along with my speech (lol) but I do have a lagitimate reason, I have a nice vox amp but I need a new power cord so I have no amplication. When I get her up and running I will defenitaly post some vid of the 157 in action, should be some great comic relief for every one :o

Go to a Mom & Pop computer shop and get a power cord. Used it should run you about 1 dollar. -Or- pull the power cord out of your computer and fire up that Voxxy Thang!

The 137 on the dirty channel was just sick! Now I have to go check out the 137's instead of the 555 I was dead set on getting someday. :o

thanks man!

where in plainwell are you? i grew up in plainwell, as you may know? are originally from there?

My addition, sorry for the bad hair day, and yes I know I'm looking like mad eye moody.

Big Bob you are the man! Fantastic playing and you demo'd the guitars sound awsomely! Now thats what I call stepping up to the plate and knocking it out of the park on a post reply. Nice collection on the wall hangers by the way too. I will now have to stick to my word and get my vox up and running and demo my 157 for sure.

But thanks for taking the time to post this, so much better than just a quick comment and pic on a purchase, and I'm sure everyone would agree that seeing and hearing is where its at. One again - Well Done!!! :lol:

thanks man!

where in plainwell are you? i grew up in plainwell, as you may know? are originally from there?

Originally from martin, just a hop and skip from from plainwell as im sure you know. Now live in plainwell right down the road from the airport off 107th out by the gunriver.

But thanks for taking the time to post this, so much better than just a quick comment and pic on a purchase, and I'm sure everyone would agree that seeing and hearing is where its at. One again - Well Done!!! :lol:

Man, the pressure is really on for you to post some demos now lol. Just sayin'. :rofl_mini:

Just want to thank everyone for posting thier vids, each and everyone is awsome. Lots of good players out there thats for sure and seeing these heritages and hearing them in action is what it's all about. I going to post my 157 vid as I am a man of my word and seeings how I started this topic, but try not to laugh to hard when I do :lol:

O.K Like I promised heres my example of my h-157 on a $38 vox amp my son bought from a buddy with a touch of envelope for some added flavor. It's a hybrid amp so i believe it has a small tube drivin pre-amp section which does wonders for the overall sound of the amp, but the amp is really on it's last legs, has volume fading issues, a little 10 inch speaker- so please cut me some slack on the overall sound and recording on a digital camera doesnt help the cause either (lol). I am just shootin from the hip as i play so theres a few timing errors here and there so once again please dont put this example of playing under the microscope. I only wish I had a good tube drivin head and a good recorder so you guys could pick up the dynamics of the guitar better but you will get the idea. Nevermind the sloppy playing and rawness of it all, you can still hear the lows and highs and most of the dynamics the guitar has, and it plays like butter btw. I dont do much clean stuff on solid bodies but it sounds great in the clean channel as well if I need a clean fill ect.

Could only get the vid uploaded on youtube so her is the link.

This should be good for a few laughs if nothing else :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tTNEp7HLaA

O.K Like I promised heres my example of my h-157 on a $38 vox amp my son bought from a buddy with a touch of envelope for some added flavor. It's a hybrid amp so i believe it has a small tube drivin pre-amp section which does wonders for the overall sound of the amp, but the amp is really on it's last legs, has volume fading issues, a little 10 inch speaker- so please cut me some slack on the overall sound and recording on a digital camera doesnt help the cause either (lol). I am just shootin from the hip as i play so theres a few timing errors here and there so once again please dont put this example of playing under the microscope. I only wish I had a good tube drivin head and a good recorder so you guys could pick up the dynamics of the guitar better but you will get the idea. Nevermind the sloppy playing and rawness of it all, you can still hear the lows and highs and most of the dynamics the guitar has, and it plays like butter btw. I dont do much clean stuff on solid bodies but it sounds great in the clean channel as well if I need a clean fill ect.

Could only get the vid uploaded on youtube so her is the link.

This should be good for a few laughs if nothing else :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tTNEp7HLaA

nice tone !! well worth the wait.

Archived