Heritage Owners Club

Special Invitation To New Members

Gitfiddler

Welcome all you guys... glad to see you enter the fray, Dale.

Scott, if you click the more reply options button you should be able to select JPG files from your desktop to upload photos.

:worthless:

Got it. I see there is a 1.5 MB global limit per user, so I'll go back and reduce the size, and probably the format (to square). Thanks to all for the hints!

Scott

Well, I was able to include this pic in the reply, but it still doesn't like it for my profile shot... Still some work to do!

post-7293-0-54709500-1342495409_thumb.jpg

SK, try resizing the photo to 150x150 pixels for your profile. Welcome aboard this crazy ship. You have one of us in your home town. Check out Eljay's post.

Yay! Thanks a bunch - you guys rock! And yeah, I'll check out Eljay's post...

Cheers,

Scott

Hello Skbaily,

I just got a ''93 GE that I am going to have a tone control installed on. I'm also going to look into adjusting the pickup. I'll post what I find out. There are also some very well educated archtop members that could also offer advice. My experience has been that they are very willing to offer advice if you PM them.

Welcome aboard.

Keith

Right on, Keith. Good luck with the tone control - from what I've heard, it makes a substantial difference. Cheers,

Scott

Hi gang. I'm a new member and just signed up today. I'm actually a former Heritage guitar owner. I had a Johnny Smith, a Golden Eagle and an H575. I sold the guitars years ago and have regretted that decision ever since. At some point in the future, I'll be attempting to get myself a Golden Eagle and rectify the huge mistake I made.

Hi gang. I'm a new member and just signed up today. I'm actually a former Heritage guitar owner. I had a Johnny Smith, a Golden Eagle and an H575. I sold the guitars years ago and have regretted that decision ever since. At some point in the future, I'll be attempting to get myself a Golden Eagle and rectify the huge mistake I made.

Welcome aboard! Good luck on your quest for a new Heritage. The hunt is half the fun.

Welcome Hotfordcoupe! Check the Heritage Classifieds. There's a gorgeous Super Eagle for sale that might get your attention.

New member Balladeer here. I live in Houston, Texas. I've been playing for 40 years. I just bought my first Heritage, a 1999 H535 in almond sunburst -- it's a handsome guitar. The guitar appears to be completely stock and barely played. I'm looking forward to bonding with this guitar.

New member Balladeer here. I live in Houston, Texas. I've been playing for 40 years. I just bought my first Heritage, a 1999 H535 in almond sunburst -- it's a handsome guitar. The guitar appears to be completely stock and barely played. I'm looking forward to bonding with this guitar.

Welcome to the HOC, Balladeer :) You've chosen probably the most versatile guitar that Heritage make - nice work! :) This won't be your last, be sure of that ;) Pics please, we LOVE pics!

Geriatric semi retired bass player who still dabbles a bit on guitar.

Currently in three bands so I guess I am not as retired as I thought I was....

I persuaded my brother in Florida to buy a new natural H535 years ago instead of the used but not old ES335TD he was considering.

He paid $1300 dollars for it and still loves that guitar.

Wish I had followed my own advice, but I had left Tennesseee and was living on a tiny island in the Mediterranean sea and had no $$$ at the time!

So here I am, years later, back in the UK and hankering after a decent semi.

Unfortunately the trip across the Atlantic pretty much hammers the price of Heritages in the UK, so I am hoping to find a H530 or H535 on here that I can get shipped to my bro for onward transmission when he comes over to the UK later this year.

Sooo... whaddaya got, guys?

Geriatric semi retired bass player who still dabbles a bit on guitar.

Currently in three bands so I guess I am not as retired as I thought I was....

I persuaded my brother in Florida to buy a new natural H535 years ago instead of the used but not old ES335TD he was considering.

He paid $1300 dollars for it and still loves that guitar.

Wish I had followed my own advice, but I had left Tennesseee and was living on a tiny island in the Mediterranean sea and had no $$$ at the time!

So here I am, years later, back in the UK and hankering after a decent semi.

Unfortunately the trip across the Atlantic pretty much hammers the price of Heritages in the UK, so I am hoping to find a H530 or H535 on here that I can get shipped to my bro for onward transmission when he comes over to the UK later this year.

Sooo... whaddaya got, guys?

Hi and welcome to the HOC. Have you checked out the bay watch area of the site ? There's a 535 for sale on Ebay UK at the moment, looks like it might go for a reasonable price

http://www.heritageo...chestnut-burst/

Yep - got that one in my sights already, also an oddball 535 VIP variphase!

I have to say this is one of the friendliest "one make " guitar forums I have come across

I also have a G&L ASAT from just after Leo died (1991) and a very early Tokai Springy Sound strat

There really isn't anything like the HOC for either of those brands..

Nothing really odd ball about VIP, it was a factory option until fairly recently. My '86 170 and VIP2 both had the original VIP with three mini switches. The 170 now has P-Rails and the minis control them, the VIP2 was upgraded to HRWs with D-VIP, two miniswitches. Can't say I use the options much, usually just use the full humbucker sounds.

As for G&L you could say I'm partial to one or two, have you checked out the G&LDP ? http://www.guitarsby...gldp/index.php3

And for older Japanese guitars there is the Japanaxe forum ... http://forum.japanax...hpBB3/index.php

Helo everybody, I'm Alex, a new member just arrived.

I'm a guitarolic, I won't confess how many instruments I have, but so far I never owner a semihollow body (or a semielectric as they say here).

I'm thinking about filling that void so I'm here, I always been aware of Heritage, but I never pulled the trigger...so far.

Hi Alex, welcome to the HOC :) You'll find many 'enablers' here, ready to help you make that final push to getting your first Heritage. And your second Heritage. Third... ;)

Where is 'here' for you? I haven't heard the term 'semi-electric' before.

Hi Alex, welcome to the HOC :) You'll find many 'enablers' here, ready to help you make that final push to getting your first Heritage. And your second Heritage. Third... ;)

Where is 'here' for you? I haven't heard the term 'semi-electric' before.

Hello H, I'm from Northern Italy and here all the Es-335 style guitars are called "semi-electrics" in the sense that they can be more or less used unplugged.

However regarding the Heritage guitars, during my PhD I lived in London and I don't remember any of them in Denmark street at the time...can you find them now in England?

Hello H, I'm from Northern Italy and here all the Es-335 style guitars are called "semi-electrics" in the sense that they can be more or less used unplugged.

However regarding the Heritage guitars, during my PhD I lived in London and I don't remember any of them in Denmark street at the time...can you find them now in England?

Hi Alex, I have several relatives that live west of Varese near Lake Maggiore :)

Heritage guitars are not common in the UK but there are two places that often have stock. One is High End Guitars in Nottingham, the other is Jam Guitars of Bristol but they don't have any at the moment. Most of the ones I see are on eBay.

I hope you get your guitar soon :)