Heritage Owners Club

Another Heritage. Back into the family.

Shmockiebaby

After selling my 575 and regretting it and selling my old 140 and regretting it, I got lucky on craigslist yesterday. I hardly ever look at it, because it’s not very often that I see any guitars on craigslist that are interesting.

But yesterday I picked up a very nice 1990 150  in cherry Sunburst with a nicely figured top. Upgraded with Duncans and tone pro bridge and stop tail. 

The guitar had a repaired headstock crack. Guitar got knocked over in the case. Fortunately, the repair was done by a local pro who I have experience with. He repaired a cracked head stuck on an all D 35, and made it strong as original and completely invisible. The headstock crack on the 150 is not invisible – you can see the glue line.   But I am confident in the repair man’s work and the guitar looks good.

For $700, I’m happy. Came with you original Schaller pick ups and a Gibson Les Paul hard case, with the pink lining and the shroud.  

Sounds amazing through my regular rig. 59 pick up in the neck is clear and jazzy. Whole Lotta Humbucker in the bridge is twangier than a typical humbucker, which suits my tastes just fine.  Neck is great, and frets look brand new. 

My wife got me the book Rolling Stones Gear for Christmas, so I may wind up with an adapter kit and a Bigsby, To look like Keith’s early 60s Les Paul set up. Plus I like to have the Bigsby anyway.

I know, it doesn’t count unless I put in a picture.   It’s telling me my pictures too big, larger than 1.5 meg. But I think it loaded the second time. 

Going to jam with some buddies today, but I can’t take it because I have to leave the jam and take a six hour trip tomorrow morning. I don’t want to take all of my gear with me in the cold weather for a multi-day trip. Next time!

DB494FAD-7AE0-4444-8084-083641CB4736.jpeg

those early '90's H150's are fantastic guitars!!

congratulations!!

my most-played H150 has a headstock repair as well: sounds great, doesn't really bother me.

in fact it makes it less stressful when I'm transporting it, as it's already been broken & fixed once :D

Dig it..   Love that one.  That's the kind of thing I'm always looking for on CL, but that's not common nowadays.   

I've got that pickup combination in an Edwards Jimmy Page model and really like it.  I used a neck WLH for the bridge though, to tame a bit of the hotness, I'm sure either would work well. 

Yours has a classic look and probably a fast 90s neck ... it's a winner in my book. 

Archived