Heritage Owners Club

Incoming NAD this week!

ElNumero

I have been ditching quite a bit of gear lately, spare drum sets and cymbals, vintage audio gear, and some guitar amps I just don't play through anymore. So, intead of waiting until it arrives, I am going to spill the beans in advance!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PrinceRev65FSR--fender-65-princeton-reverb-15-watt-1x12-inch-tube-combo-amp-lacquered-tweed

15 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Will, you'll love that little rig.  Looking forward to your NAD announcement.

Thanks Tim, it was simply "irresistible"

1 hour ago, Yooper said:

Curious how the sound of a Princeton 12" compares to a Deluxe Reverb. 

I have a Deluxe so I will give you a full report!

6 hours ago, Yooper said:

I own 'em both, and they are two different animals Yoop, no question, when opened up the Deluxe roars with a better overdrive tone. But I love my little Princeton which is loaded with an Eminence 1258 12" speaker. That's the amp that I used for the spanky main riff in the song that I borrowed your name for. The reverb is sumptous! But when I use mine, I like to put a Klon type pedal in front of it, because like most blackface amps they benefit from a little midrange added. The pedal I like is the Mythical Overdrive...

Daniel, that's a nice catchy little twangy "Surf-Funk meets Dire Straits" vibe. Thanks.

I keep telling myself I don't need a Princeton because I have a 5f1, 5e3, Champ II, and DR. But it's the missing link. They all like my Klone, Timmy and Kalamazoo.

On 8/18/2021 at 11:48 AM, Yooper said:

The Princeton is clean up until around 7 on the volume dial after that is where it begins to saturate. The Deluxe is clean up until 8 on the volume dial before it saturates. The Deluxe, at 22 wpc is much louder than the Princeton, and the Princeton, with the hemp speaker, has a "browner" sound to my ears than the Jensen that is in my Deluxe. So in short, there are very few similarities between the two. You could get away with the Princeton in a small room unmiked. I first tried it out with a Strat then moved to a Heritage 150 equipped with SD59's. It really sounds at home with the Heritage. I like it. 

8 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

the Princeton, with the hemp speaker, has a "browner" sound

I've heard that about the hemp speaker. Thanks for the comparison notes. A Princeton is next on my list. 

3 minutes ago, Yooper said:

I've heard that about the hemp speaker. Thanks for the comparison notes. A Princeton is next on my list. 

sounds good!

On 8/20/2021 at 3:59 PM, Gitfiddler said:

Nice mini-review, Will. 

I'm surprised you get clean all the way up to '7'.  Is that channel #1 or the padded #2?

The CRex is so efficient you should be able to keep up with one of those loud drummer dudes.  :D

Channel 1 Tim.  

Archived