Jump to content
Heritage Owners Club

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Today
  2. I was searching for tips on installing gtr strap buttons with a Bigsby tailpiece, as it can be too tight for certain strap locks and pins to fit I found this, which looks like a good idea. Has anyone tried them? if that youtube link doesn't work, here is the webpage for it: https://townerusa.com/en-ca/products/hinge-plate-adaptor
  3. Beautiful! some of my fave music too keep us posted on the shows what amp/gear are you using live?
  4. Saw this doc on PBS featuring both Heritage and Kal-Tone guitars: web link https://www.pbs.org/video/guitar-makers-in-kalamazoo-ljajem/
  5. Yesterday
  6. Have to look into this with concerns being cost of the convertor itself and an adaption to latch a TRS plug. The Voodoo Lab Control switcher is about $180 and would do the job but this would be something like a $180 dollar single amp footswitch and that sounds a bit much to switch a single amp when I already have the non-MIDI footswitch to begin with. Thanks for giving me something that might work.
  7. So you want to control everything in that rack with a MIDI controller? and the GT amp has no MIDI input? try a MIDI to CV converter & hook it up between your controller & the GT amp I'm assuming you want to save configurations on your main controller, then have it send commands to multiple rack units via MIDI
  8. If I want to change channels, I have to unplug from the first and plug into the second. No rack, no midi. Just a pedal board and a chord to the amp. I found the RP355 to be confusing... having a rack system would scamble my brain!
  9. Last week
  10. That is the same end game for me. Getting there, though, is a little more involved. Did an Amp and MIDI controller for my Sr Design Project while in undergrad at Purdue. Everything was designed, fabricated, and coded from scratch, so I had to get familiar with the entire system in order to get the grade. I was kind of really hoping to shorten that cycle a bit with something closer to ready-made/off the shelf.
  11. You lost me at Midi...I just plug a guitar cable into an amp.
  12. Sorry, I cant help. That all looks really great. I want stuff like that. The thought that I had while I was reading your post was - if I had that sort of question, I would ask mars_hall.
  13. When I ask this, I do not mean who sends MIDI commands that are decoded by the amp at the end of the path, but rather are decoded by a device that converts the command to discrete TRS or TR signal levels that are plugged into the amp's 1/4" footswitch jacks. I know Voodoo Lab makes the Control Switcher for this function, but was hoping to find a less expensive alternative. Disaster Area Design makes a solution more geared to signaling pedals via smaller TRS cables that are not footswitch output jacks but rather replacements for the much larger 5 pin DIN connector. In other words, the same MIDI command is transmitted through a smaller physical interconnect yet it is still undecoded from a footswitch input point. I would be OK with a solution that did the decode and put the signal levels out on a 5 pin DIN connector, as this is what my Groove Tube Trio preamp can accept as an alternatie to the the normal 1/4" jacks. See the 5 pin DIN foot switch connector below. What I am working on... The intellifex processors are gone with a TC Electroni G-Major/2 in their place. What do you know and/or use? Thanks in advance
  14. Yeah I thought that was funny Whoops!
  15. Yeah, whatever........I just couldn't pass up the pedal for the price. It's mostly in the fingers anyway......
  16. I dont normally watch this sort of stuff but I watched this the other night when it came up as a suggestion. The twist at the end was really funny.
  17. Earlier
  18. It was my 2017 H150, but the 1998 H535 just came home yesterday and changed everything.
  19. It's all personal preference and even that changes over time. I used a TS9 for many years until I played Pete's Boss Blues Driver. The TS9 was replaced. I like the balance of the Blues Driver vs the mid bump of the Tubescreamer. I've got a V2 Route 66 and a Soul Food that are sitting on the shelf.
  20. I thought this was funny, Phil X, who is normally not a Klon guy, picked the Behringer as his second favorite in this blind overdrive shootout!
  21. I have a JHS AT+ which effectively is slightly hotter Angry Charlie modded especially for Andy Timmons. Andy uses it in conjuntion with his Mesa Lone Star for articulation and its versatility in driving any number of other amps in an unknown baseline. This is when he has to travel light and doesn't know what amps will be available to him at the site. The pedal has a JFET front end with three sets of overhead that can be switched in dependent on whether he is playing through a 25W, 50W, or 100W head. The pedal also has a boost circuit that can be switched in independently and adjusted on the need to futher drive a front end. I personally have mine driving the clean channel of my Boogie Mark III 60/100W, leaving the amp in 100W mode. I like the results very much, playing the rig through the stock EVM-12S in the combo, with a small Thiele cabinet loaded with an EVM-12 on the side. Go check out the Andy Timmons AT+ demos, and what he has to say about the design "Whys" and see if this is near your needs.
  22. Im looking for a distortion pedal. Ive never really used distortion except for a couple of Mesas and an Egnator amp.IVe alway been more about OD than Distortion So far Ive read about Marshall Guv'nor, JHS Angry Charlie, Wampler Pinnacle, MXR EVH, s/h MI Audio Crunch Box. I think any of them might be okay, have enough gain. Sort of JCM 800 + in a pedal levels of gain rather than JTM levels of overdrive which I seem to have well and truly covered. I have a RAT. It isnt doing it for me. Any other suggestions?
  23. Dirty Lemon Burst looks great!
  24. I’ve had some good experience with TrueFire. Especially when i need a quick primer on a technique or style that is not in my toolbox.
  25. Would have to be my 2019 DLB with ReWind Electric '58 PAFs and a pair of NOS black beauties. Gives that Tele on steroids vibe!
  26. I wouldn’t touch an Ascent much less try to play one. I guess I’ve been too spoiled by what comes out of 225 Parsons St. But I suppose they have a place somewhere.
  27. Some great sounds in there!
  28. Yes, a push-pull turns it off and on plus adjusts the volume. Every time I strap this bad boy on it takes a minute to reorient. I remember this guitar well from when I saw it at the factory. Stunning!
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...