Heritage Owners Club

Accidental NAD

Gitfiddler

OK, I'll admit it. I love amps. I have a bad case of AAS (amp acquisition syndrome), and Fenders have always been my personal favorites. I can't afford all of those so called boo-teek new amps some of you guys own.

In fact I went for a not-so-vintage Fender from the 80's this time. I pulled a Brent and submitted a stupid low bid on a super clean Rivera era Fender Concert 1x12 on Ebay. Then I forgot about it, assuming someone would out bid me.

WRONG! I had to scamper and reload my Paypal account the next day.

The amp arrived this evening and I've been warming up the house with its 20 year old tubes n tone all night long.

Great little 60 watt amp with original 6L6 power and a still shiny chassis. Pots were a bit scratchy, but this amp has tone for days!! I could not find a negative review about this particular series of amps. I got lucky since the seller did not have a reserve.

I've seen them on Ebay go for between $800 and $1,000 in fair-to-well-worn condition.

This one sold for under $450. I'm a happy camper!! :lol_mini2:

(Pictures tomorrow after the sun comes out)

I just love a happy ending. Have you popped you AAS bubble?

Do you ever do much with swapping speakers and cabs? I found that to be an effective way of popping bubbles; suddenly I have a new amp.

Congrats on your NAD.

Great find, and I share your pain on amp acquisition syndrome!!!

My latest curse is that I am hooked on building Tweeds... It started with a 5F1, then quickly jumped head first into a 5F2... and dare I admit I have just started work on a 5E3! I would love to say that it will end there... but I'm sure that bug's just gonna keep on biting.

Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Great find, and I share your pain on amp acquisition syndrome!!!

My latest curse is that I am hooked on building Tweeds... It started with a 5F1, then quickly jumped head first into a 5F2... and dare I admit I have just started work on a 5E3! I would love to say that it will end there... but I'm sure that bug's just gonna keep on biting.

Looking forward to seeing some pics!

5F4 - go for it!!

Git, sounds like one of those accidental scores that is going to pay off! 60w, tho', is still a bundle of power. Shook the house on "5", yet?

Congrats on the new amp.

I have had my Fender Rivera Concert since....I think 1989. Unsure. It is one ruggedly built piece of gear. Ive traveled ,000's of km's with it rattling around in the back of utes/pickups trucks and vans and never once had it break down. I even left it on burning away for a few days when I went away for a holiday. It was pretty warm to touch when I finally got home. I flicked it off and then went and did a gig with it. I have to add that I never carried spare tubes or fuses or a spare amp through all that time. Cringe now at the thought of it. But never once did it fail. I finally swapped out the original tubes(from 1981) in 2005-6. Didnt notice any difference in sound. I still have the original tubes and put them back in when ever the newer ones in any of my amps fail.

The Concert falls out of favour everytime I get a new amp but after the honeymoon is over I always end up plugging back into it and rediscovering what a cool amp it is. Any pedal/stomp you put in front or in the loop works. The old guys I used to play with insist that I bring it along when we get together for jams. They dont like any amp Ive bought since.

At home levels its a bit flat but in a band setting it is great.

5F4 - go for it!!

Sad thing is... I actually am already contemplating either a super (5F4) or a Bandmaster (5E7)for a little further down the road (should I be seeking help?)

That would just about round out a nice little collection of homebrew fenders... I would have a 5 watt champ and princeton, a 12 watt deluxe, and a 25 watt super.

Without pics it didn't happen, right?

I can't build amps and truly admire you guys that do. I get shocked using a disposable razer!

Sorry, Yoslate, I'm no longer a Floorshaker. But I do shake stuff a bit at home now.

Koula, I think I have about 15 amps...spread out all over my place.:icon_scratch:

post-8-070992100 1288119451_thumb.jpg

Nice Catch !

An unexpected deal, eBay or otherwise, is always cool. It's hard to resist a bargain on something that you know you'll enjoy.

That looks like fun, I'd have to try a pedal in front of that to drive it a bit, but those Fender tubes love that.

AHH HAAAA!!!

...see it does hapen to all of us sometimes....it really is an accident!!! :icon_thumright:

Yea, Brent...and you best believe that is the story I told Mrs. Gitfiddler!!

She ain't buyin' it, but that's my story and I'm stickin' with it!!

post-8-044310700 1288126226_thumb.jpg

Sorry, Yoslate, I'm no longer a Floorshaker.

That was Spectrum, not me, Tim. Not about to get into what you may or may not shake. But I do admire whatever it is you do to manage to stay married to Mrs. Gitfiddler. I'd be livin' in one of those fifteen amps, by now. But congrats on an incredible deal! At the end of the day, a Fender amp will get it done...!

Hey, Spectrum~ Sorry, I mis-took you for Yoslate. It's hard to focus when you just got knocked upside the head. :vava_mini:

I left the band some time ago...and couldn't be happier. Now I play when I want to and with whom I choose to get my groove on.

This Concert amp is loud!! It's got great cleans like a Twin Reverb, only in a smaller and more back-friendly package.

Hey, Spectrum~ Sorry, I mis-took you for Yoslate. It's hard to focus when you just got knocked upside the head. :vava_mini:

That's OK Tim,

Southeastern cyclist are easy to mix up.

15 amps! Really 15???

That has to be taking up some serious floorspace.

Guest HRB853370

That's cool, Will. Are you looking for new or used?

There is a pretty good deal on a smaller version of that amp at Superior Music...

http://www.superiormusic.net/

It went up to over my budget on ebay. I was willing to pay $600 delivered but it ended at $610. Yeah, I know they have the 1x12 version which may be better for me anyways. Thanks for the tip Git!

Archived