Heritage Owners Club

I've been thinking...

brentrocks

525 Custom order or Korina Explorer?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which way should i go?

I was in the guitar cave yesterday, admiring my flock of wonderful Heritage guitars and in the middle is a HAMER korina explorer!

Its not that i dont like it, its a very rare #24 of 100 run from 95. It sounds great and plays great....BUT...

I have been thinking about ordering a Sunsetburst H 525!

If i do so the HAMER has to go! IM TORN!!!!!

Brent, I started with a big long, kinda cutesy ......... geez it's the HoC standard forum reply. But I'm rethinking that. The Hamer is rare, as you say. And it's not like you couldn't eventually order an H525, maybe without selling the Hamer. Big job comes along, you get some extra pay, they boys need to move something .............. never know. Keep the Hamer, save up for the 525.

I'd keep the Hamer. It's a Hamer! And if you like it (i.e. it's not a Hamer that's not your cup of tea or whatever), I would not see much reason to get rid of it considering its rarity and all.

That said, if it's a guitar you don't play or like but don't really love, and you'd appreciate the H-525 more, and you know you wouldn't regret selling the Explorer later, there's certainly nothing wrong with it. You could probably get a less-rare Hamer Explorer used for pretty reasonably.

I LOVE my Heritages, but Hamer's my first love in guitars, so there's an admitted bias here. Just do some soul searching, you'll figure out what feels right to you. You could always sent the Hamer to me for a while and see if you miss it or not. :icon_thumright:

Sometimes you get rid of a guitar that you wish that you could have back. But I've never done that. Maybe some amps I've sold fit that category a bit, but even then ...nothing that I wish I could find again desperately.

I find that the ones that i have held onto keep me well pleased , so that I don't miss the few that I've sold.

So...you need to decide if this Hamer is one that you'll regret selling... or just another very nice guitar that you had for a while and now is ready to move on.

A new custom made 525 build sounds pretty thrilling.

I was in the guitar cave yesterday, admiring my flock of wonderful Heritage guitars and in the middle is a HAMER korina explorer!

Its not that i dont like it, its a very rare #24 of 100 run from 95. It sounds great and plays great....BUT...

Marv and I voted for you to order one of these...

img_2608_std.jpg

We are a bunch of enablers here.

I have a number of guitars and feel a sense of responsibility for each one. That means playing them, restringing them, keeping them from harm, and more. They take up space and time.

So when I don't use one, I look for a good home for it. And a fair price.

I've sold a lot of guitars. There are some I regret parting with but only for a second. I then remember that I sold them because I didn't want to play them anymore.

I recently lamented parting with my 1967 Epiphone Howard Roberts Deluxe. I sold it in the 70s. There were only 54 made, all at the Gibson plant. One popped up on eBay and I thought I have to get it. Then I slowly remembered all of the stuff I didn't like about it, especially the horrendous feedback. So I really don't have any regrets.

Some of us can park a guitar in the closet for a few years. I just can't do that. So I might sell the Hamer unless I played it or was pretty sure I would get a large return on holding on to it a few years.

One more comment: when you order a custom, you marry the guitar. You usually can't sell it, only divorce it, meaning it costs you quite a bit!

Sorry to be a buzz killer. But with all that said, hell yes get the 525!

I forgot. You're 39.

You should buy your dream guitar before your fingers gnarl and you can't remember more than 3 chords. :icon_thumleft:

Ahh yes, you owe it to yourself to keep the Hamer and order the 525, as a belated birthday gift to yourself of course :)

That 525 in progress Marv is holding in that picture is mighty good looking!

Guest HRB853370

Are you kidding? You even think of putting a Hammer in the league of a Heritage? Uh uh. No way.

I'm thinking you would be much happier with an H110 and a finish of your choosing. I have never seen you as a semi-hollow guy. :occasion15:

Hmmmmm . . . That looks Hamer-ish. It'd fill the same niche, but lend to your collection of Heritages.

Either way though, you'll have a really, REALLY nice guitar. Hamers are grossly under-rated. Heritages, in my experience, are awesome in playability and tone/sound. Either way, you'll have a great instrument.

I'd sit back and wait for the 525 of my dreams to pop up on Ebay, or somewhere. I disagree that you'd have to order custom. I got my 535 in a lefty, chunky neck and reasonably priced - all prety rare, I couldn't have done any better if I ordered it custom, so, I think you can get yours, too, with some patience. Hang on to the Hamer.

Brent, I seem to recall you've had a 525 before. Really liked it .... for 2 months. Altho', its getting harder by the week to keep up with your have/hads. :aggressive_mini:

I think I'm changing my mind. They're just guitars, after all. If you feel you need to sell the Hamer to get the 525, heck ... you own 'em. Do as you please. :icon_thumright:

I have several Hamers (2 daytonas and a monoco elite) and I really like Hamer and think they're a great company.

So, my vote, is to keep the Hamer and like most folks save up for the 525.

Saving would be a good thing for you anyway. ^_^

conorb

Archived