Heritage Owners Club

Some proper photos...

jazzrat

I only had a couple pics of my 575 Custom and had a few minutes so here

is a better look at a great guitar.

It's ALSB but some of the pics are more red than it really is.

It's actually to the tobacco burst side.

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

Lighting is hard to get right on guitars when taking photos. Even if you learn how to interpret how lighting and "film" work it is still hard to match what the eye sees. We did a little experiment a few years ago at a buddy's house. We looked at the photos and then the guitars set up close to where they were before. My "film" was a touch red but closer to what the angle of light showed the naked eye than what we were used to seeing.

One thing is for sure, no matter how close that guitars color is to what you see it is still a damn fine looking Heritage. Your killing me too!

Beeeeutiful!!! Every time one of you posts a photo of your newest Heritage it makes me lust more than ever for my next one!!

Thanks guys

Did you swap out the bridge, or did it come that way. I'm gonna guess you like the sound better with the tune-o-matic, could you describe how they are different.

Thanks

Oh, by the way,

Nice pics :icon_thumright:

It actually has a couple changes from stock. It's a Jaye Wolfe guitar. The guy I got it from swapped out the Schallers for Fralin Un-Buckers.(very nice!)

I put a tun-o-matic on it so it would intonate better with lighter strings.

I have some arthritis kind of stuff so I need a very light and low setup. My odd string set is 11,15,17,26,36,46.

The stock bridge sounds warmer, with less sustain. The tune-o-matic gives me a brighter more modern tone.

Think Kreisberg, Vic Juris, Corey Christiansen vs. Joe Pass, Jim Hall or Tal Farlow.

It still sounds great and warm enough with my Henriksen for jazz combo gigs but it can rock like crazy too with a full pedal board into a HotRod Dlx.

Lighting is hard to get right on guitars when taking photos.

The top three are just about dead on. The bottom two are too red.

All with just room light on a sunny day. The difference, it seems, was distance from the window

as I moved it around to avoid glare and weird reflections.

Lighting is hard to get right on guitars when taking photos. Even if you learn how to interpret how lighting and "film" work it is still hard to match what the eye sees. We did a little experiment a few years ago at a buddy's house. We looked at the photos and then the guitars set up close to where they were before. My "film" was a touch red but closer to what the angle of light showed the naked eye than what we were used to seeing.

One thing is for sure, no matter how close that guitars color is to what you see it is still a damn fine looking Heritage. Your killing me too!

My ASB 150 likes to photograph very red. I should try your experiment and see if brighter light makes that more accurate to reality than I'm inclined to think.

And yeah... great pics there, jazzrat. ... makes me want one of those.

Archived