Heritage Owners Club

NGD and NSD!

MartyGrass

New guitar is a 2010 H530 in cherry.

This has little flame but still more than my old ES-330, believe it or not. The guitar feels like---home. It's that comfortable.

It sounds pretty loud acoustically and is very lightweight.

The Bigsby works well, just as easily and nicely as Johnny A makes it look. That may be at least in part due to the lack of a pressure bar. The Bigsby fits in the existing H530 and H535 holes, so no modifications were needed. This guitar came with the original trap tailpiece also.

NSD = new string day. The H530 came with D'Addario FW Chrome 10s. They feel great and bend well enough.

So how does this guitar sound? Wow! Tonemonster doesn't fit. How about really nice? Grant Green!

Many of us in Kalamazoo have gone without heat and electricity for the last two days. Fortunately I have a Roland MicroCube that runs off of 6 AA batteries. The H530 sounds fantastic through it, which probably doesn't say that much to most of you. But I can tell quality even through a six inch speaker.

So far I haven't got any 60 cycle hum at all. Hey, wait! I don't have any 60 cycle electricity. That's the tip on using P-90s and single coils- avoid all alternating current.

I strongly encourage all of you to consider the H530. It's very light and well made. It has a great P-90 sound amplified and is loud enough acoustically for practice. Sure, you can practice acoustically with a Tele. But you can actually hear your mistakes and what you get right with the H530 unplugged. Check out the extra light flat wounds, too. I am very surprised at how much I like them.

Here are the pics. I know it's not spectacular looking, but at least it's not pink.

The natural one below it is his H535 brother. I really thought that H535 was homely until I got used to it. Now I'm mesmerized by the wood. I'm certain that the plain cherry will never have the same effect though. But it just feels and sounds good.

KGrHqRg4E0fNuEPHQBNYdVPOLw_3.jpg?t=1298495717KGrHqJhoE0hmc6BEvBNYdDoHZQ_3.jpg?t=1298495818KGrHqRlE1F4dZbsSBNYc2q-k_3.jpg?t=1298495864

03s.jpg?t=1298495917

Nice 530 Mark. I like the Bigsby. You don't see too many 530s but I love mine and it sounds like you've bonded well with yours.

Is the power back on? Wonder if Heritage is open?

Nice 530 Mark. I like the Bigsby. You don't see too many 530s but I love mine and it sounds like you've bonded well with yours.

Is the power back on? Wonder if Heritage is open?

Well, the power cometh and the power go-eth again. We had it a for a few hours this morning.

Much of Kalamazoo is back to normal. Last I heard about 40K of us are still chillin'.

Guest HRB853370

Nice guitar, cherry must be the color of the week!!

Not sure what you do with that big bar that protrudes from the tailpiece, but I am sure it has a useful function.

So what exactly is the difference between a 525 and a 530 (other than 5)?

So what exactly is the difference between a 525 and a 530 (other than 5)?

Single vs. double cutaway. Enhanced upper fret access in the 530. The 525 is a bit fatter and slightly heavier.

Some of the 525s have fixed TOM bridges, so they must have some wood support under the top. Most are true hollowbodies thoughlike the 530.

I haven't seen a cherry 525- yet!

That 530 has a vintage correct look. That guitar in red would be something that Kalamazoo would have put out in the 50's.

It's really a nice alternative to a 535 with some substantial differences to make it a unique sounding axe. It seems like some fun.

( of course the 535 is pretty awesome also... )

I didn't have a 50s Gibson but I had several cherry 60s- a 330, 335 and 345. I don't remember any flame on those. I can't swear there wasn't any, I'm just saying I didn't notice it if it was there. The color of the H530 looks the same- unfaded cherry. It works for me.

New guitar is a 2010 H530 in cherry.

This has little flame but still more than my old ES-330, believe it or not. The guitar feels like---home. It's that comfortable.

It sounds pretty loud acoustically and is very lightweight.

The Bigsby works well, just as easily and nicely as Johnny A makes it look. That may be at least in part due to the lack of a pressure bar. The Bigsby fits in the existing H530 and H535 holes, so no modifications were needed. This guitar came with the original trap tailpiece also.

NSD = new string day. The H530 came with D'Addario FW Chrome 10s. They feel great and bend well enough.

So how does this guitar sound? Wow! Tonemonster doesn't fit. How about really nice? Grant Green!

Many of us in Kalamazoo have gone without heat and electricity for the last two days. Fortunately I have a Roland MicroCube that runs off of 6 AA batteries. The H530 sounds fantastic through it, which probably doesn't say that much to most of you. But I can tell quality even through a six inch speaker.

So far I haven't got any 60 cycle hum at all. Hey, wait! I don't have any 60 cycle electricity. That's the tip on using P-90s and single coils- avoid all alternating current.

I strongly encourage all of you to consider the H530. It's very light and well made. It has a great P-90 sound amplified and is loud enough acoustically for practice. Sure, you can practice acoustically with a Tele. But you can actually hear your mistakes and what you get right with the H530 unplugged. Check out the extra light flat wounds, too. I am very surprised at how much I like them.

Here are the pics. I know it's not spectacular looking, but at least it's not pink.

The natural one below it is his H535 brother. I really thought that H535 was homely until I got used to it. Now I'm mesmerized by the wood. I'm certain that the plain cherry will never have the same effect though. But it just feels and sounds good.

KGrHqRg4E0fNuEPHQBNYdVPOLw_3.jpg?t=1298495717KGrHqJhoE0hmc6BEvBNYdDoHZQ_3.jpg?t=1298495818KGrHqRlE1F4dZbsSBNYc2q-k_3.jpg?t=1298495864

03s.jpg?t=1298495917

That 535 is ugly?.. Call the Smurph's Home for ugly guitars..We'll help you out.. :biggrin_mini:

Archived