Heritage Owners Club

Best Amp in the World Poll

fxdx99

What's your all time favorite amp?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What's your all time favorite amp?

• Tweed (50s fender, supro, gibson)
    • Fender (60s brown/black/sliver)
    • Marshall
    • Mesa
    • Ampeg
    • Matchless
    • Vox
    • Roland
    • Other

Okay, I know this is generalizing... a lot. But if you're to use a bit of latitude in the selections, what's your fav amp of all time - which one really blows your dress up when that power chord is hit, when that singing bended note is struck?

Provide specific model in reply (if so desire).

Sorry! Hit enter by mistake, went back to edit and add Vox, which of course needs to be included (amongst others I'm sure... such as Roland, etc). But server wouldn't let me in for a bit and went beyond my edit rights timeframe...

Oh well.

Sorry! Hit enter by mistake, went back to edit and add Vox, which of course needs to be included (amongst others I'm sure... such as Roland, etc). But server wouldn't let me in for a bit and went beyond my edit rights timeframe...

Oh well.

Ta da!

My vote is for the Tweeds!

The two amps I always gravitate towards is my Tweed Champ and My Tweed Deluxe (Tweed Deluxe being the favored of the two)

There is just something about that raw Tweed tone that keeps reeling me right back in :)

home brew tweed champ is my go to. It rocks...and when it starts to get flubby I just plug it into my 1x12 celestion and rock even harder. I actually wanted to triple vote based on situation. With drummer I'd go 18watt marshal clone, and to really get loud vox ac30.

I'm a Tweed Guy. I even have a Tweed sport coat.

Of the amp rigs that I've owned and gigged, it is my Carr Slant 6/1-12 plus my 2 x 12 v30 cab (with casters). Sort of like having two nice deluxe reverbs rolled into one package that lets you choose whether to play one, both together clean, or switch between one clean and one with some "sing," plus the v30s give a midrange punch that rounds off the shrillness that 6v6 amps can have --it ROCKS. Covers a wide swath of tone/volume, inspiring to play at each point on the way. Plus, put the amp, which isn't that heavy, on the cab, which isn't that heavy, and the whole thing ROLLS.

If I head to have one.... my '67 Vibrolux.

But my Headstrong "lil King (Princeton exact clone) sure is a close second!!!

No one best.

Clean - Fender Black Face.

Chime - Vox AC30

Crunch - Marshall Plexi

Scream - Mesa or Modified Marshall or... Soldano!!!

Raw - Fender Tweed

No one amp does it all.

Agreed; as edited above.

Nice list GuitarArtMan :icon_thumright:

I voted Blackface Fender, as Fender cleans with a little reverb RULE, and it can get good overdriven tones from 4-5 on up, but agree with the previous two posts that NO amp does it all, obviously. My Deluxe Reverb can do a lot of what I need, though, and can pretend to be other stuff when I run a multi-effects in front of it, either my Boss GT-8 or Line 6 POD XT Live. But I can live with the Deluxe Reverb with just Guitar-cord-Amp; that's the true test, to me.

I voted tweed but had to debate between that and blackface for several minutes. Those two catagories will probably run away with the vote considering the general age and nationality of many of the folks here.

To paraphrase the bumpers stickers... WWJP (What would Jimi Play?)

marchall_amps_01.jpg

I think Guitartman has the right idea. Not one best amp, it depends on what sound you're going for.

Fortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to play the really high dollar boutique amps, like the Dumble. That means I don't know what I'm missing.

Guest HRB853370

Okay, I know this is generalizing... a lot. But if you're to use a bit of latitude in the selections, what's your fav amp of all time - which one really blows your dress up when that power chord is hit, when that singing bended note is struck?

Provide specific model in reply (if so desire).

I dont see Crate on the list...

To paraphrase the bumpers stickers... WWJP (What would Jimi Play?)

marchall_amps_01.jpg

I think Guitartman has the right idea. Not one best amp, it depends on what sound you're going for.

Fortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to play the really high dollar boutique amps, like the Dumble. That means I don't know what I'm missing.

Way, way , way off topic, but that picture is really badd A$$$!

Axe-Fx Ultra. Own one and you have all those amps and many more.

This is true, certainly it will get you 90% there!!! I love my Axe-Fx Standard, but there is something, not really tone but the feeling of the air being pushed when you plug into a great tube amp.

I gave a copy of my homemade CD to my guitar teacher the other day and he said the tones were amazing. I told him before I gave it to him it was all done with the Axe-Fx (all effects too)so he knew how it was recorded. He said he has had MANY debates with tube-snob purist that could tell the difference on a recording (Axe-Fs vs Tube amp). He & I agree it is impossible.... but LIVE performances might be a different story.

This is true, certainly it will get you 90% there!!! I love my Axe-Fx Standard, but there is something, not really tone but the feeling of the air being pushed when you plug into a great tube amp.

Among several choices of speaker cabs I have are a pair of 4-10" cabs loaded with Celestion G10 Vintage speakers. Driven by a 1500 watt SS Carvin amp I guarantee you it will get your trouser legs flapping in the breeze. That's one of the things that makes the Axe-Fx so awesome, you can have excellent tone at ANY volume, whether it's in your bedroom or in a stadium, and everywhere in between.

Archived